Editing Templates re: Custom User Fields - No display on Roster

Drshock

Good afternoon,

I've got a member roster, as seen below.
0.webp
We fudged having each players division show up in the roster by hijacking another field. This got us by, but now we want to fix it. We want the persons division to show up next to "Division New." In the example above, it should say Division New: Battlefield next to Dr Shock. Here's what we've done.

1. Created a custom user field
1.webp
4.webp
3.webp

2. Editing the member roster template so that division shows up.
2.webp

Problem is that the division new field appears but the corresponding data does not. We're not sure what we're doing wrong here, so any advise/suggestions/help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Hey Jake - thanks for your help. That sounds like it would/should work, but it did not work right. I edited the Member.php document and now in the roster next to Division New under my name only I see a 1. Any suggestions? I'll keep poking around and see if I can get something.

Edit:

Got it with an above post:
{xen:helper userFieldValue, $userFieldsInfo.my_identifier, $user, {$user.customFields.my_identifier}}

THANKS!! :D

Hey Jake - thanks for your help. That sounds like it would/should work, but it did not work right. I edited the Member.php document and now in the roster next to Division New under my name only I see a 1. Any suggestions? I'll keep poking around and see if I can get something.

Edit:

Got it with an above post:
{xen:helper userFieldValue, $userFieldsInfo.my_identifier, $user, {$user.customFields.my_identifier}}

THANKS!! :D

That works.

I am guessing it's a multiple-selection field? Where users can choose more than one option at the same time?

Hey again,

No it was a drop down box. I'm not sure how or why it worked but it did so I'm a happy camper! :) Thanks for all of your help!

Top Bottom