1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained Edit XenForo templates using editor

This guide shows how to edit XenForo templates with your favourite editor using WebDAV.

1. Adshi

Adshi Member

Adshi submitted a new resource:

Edit XenForo templates using editor (version 1.0) - This guide shows how to edit XenForo templates with your favourite editor using WebDAV.

Read more about this resource...

2. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

What about windows?

3. Adshi

Adshi Member

Cyberduck also works on Windows.

If you are looking for editor with WebDAV support you can try Notepad++ or NetBeans.

Evina likes this.
  4. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

What about the syntax?
    template syntax? xenforo syntax, conditional?

5. Sadik B

Sadik B Well-Known Member

Hi

I use Netbeans IDE 7.2. I can't seem to find anywhere how to input webdav settings. Any ideas? Thanks.

6. Adshi

Adshi Member

You can use BitKinex which works pretty well with NetBeans.

7. Sadik B

Sadik B Well-Known Member

Hmmm, looks good, trying it out now. Thanks...

8. sweetpotato

sweetpotato Active Member

Can I use Dreamweaver with this?

9. Adshi

Adshi Member

Yes, you can.

sweetpotato likes this.
  10. Sidane

Sidane Active Member

Thanks for the guide, this works great and I'm using it successfully with Transmit on OS X.

However, whenever I save a template, my editor freezes for ~5 seconds waiting for the requests to Apache to complete. The OS X spinning beachball of death appears and I can't do anything in the editor until the requests finish.

This is quite a productivity killer. It's almost more efficient to use the Admin control panel editor, but then you lose all the niceties of a proper editor.

Looking at the apache logs, here's an example of the requests made when saving a template:

Code:
    127.0.0.1 - User [19/Jun/2015:14:22:49 +0100] "PROPFIND /admindav.php/Public_Templates/Master%20Style%20(0)/ HTTP/1.1" 207 374
    127.0.0.1 - User [19/Jun/2015:14:22:49 +0100] "PUT /admindav.php/Public_Templates/Master%20Style%20(0)/account_alerts.html HTTP/1.1" 200 -
    127.0.0.1 - User [19/Jun/2015:14:22:50 +0100] "PROPFIND /admindav.php/ HTTP/1.1" 207 492
    ************* 5+ SECOND PAUSE *************
    127.0.0.1 - User [19/Jun/2015:14:22:50 +0100] "PROPFIND /admindav.php/Public_Templates/Master%20Style%20(0)/ HTTP/1.1" 207 261020
    I'm using the stock Apache v2.4.10 shipped with Yosemite and mod_dav.

@Adshi or anyone else experienced this?