Edit Topics vs Edit Posts

MapleOne

Screenshot (19).webp

I have a Marketplace where I allow users to edit their for sale topics for 30 & 60 days depending on permission levels.

So a topic starter can post an item for sale and edit his original post for 30 days to change price or details. To achieve this I set the forum permission to the specified time and each member can edit their posts or topics for that set period of time.

There is only one problem with that...

I want the topic owner to be able to edit their own posts in their OWN topic for 30 days or so but the posts within someone elses for sale topics should become permanent after my standard edit time for the forum elapses.

I'm trying to find an extension that allows only the owner of the topic to have extended edit times.

Not sure if I'm making myself clear here.

Some of them will be auctions so the owner of the auction will open a topic and then members can bid underneath but bidders should not be able to remove their bids.

Same goes for offers

Owner makes a topic with make offer, he can edit the topic at any time but members posting underneath should not be able to edit and retract the offer. Instead they have to repost to make changes.

This may be useful

After running a few tests this addon will not do because the poster cannot edit the title or the prefix.

To use it like an auction or for sale the topic owner has to be able to edit out the title and select a sold prefix.

Well it won't allow titile editing, but this one allows the sold prefix:

I use it and is great.

BTW I'm always wary of allowing editing in sales posts as it leaves things so open to fraud or arguments when descriptions change.

I understand but my new marketplace is for domains and when one sells the purchaser will often want the domain name removed and I would want members to have control of that between buyer and seller. That said though, only for 30-60 days after which a topic locks permanently.

@AndyB is working on a customized version for my request which will allow...

1. First poster can edit all posts in his topic for specified time in an assigned forum.
2. Will be able to edit topic name
3. Will be able to edit prefix
4. Will be able to set on edit or edit & delete

Wishlist - I can specify opening post or all posts

Looking forward to that being made.

The difference between this and the built in Xenforo settings is the built in gives the poster forum wide permission to edit for a particular time where this addon will overirde those settings and allow me to give the owner of the topic more time.

So basically you could have a 30 minute or 30 day edit limit on a forum but the topic owner could get 60 minutes or 60 days.

In this case I think Andy is working with days which is perfect for me but the next step would be minutes to give the addon the broadest appeal.

PS. If have not said it before XF2 Addons by Andy are an amazing deal at $35 per year.
If I'm looking for an addon I now go there before I go anyplace else.

Top Bottom