Lack of interest Edit thread title time limit

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

RichardKYA

I think a separate time limit for editing a thread title would be handy.

I want my users to have the ability to edit their posts whenever they want, but not the titles because it can obviously get confusing if a user is trying to search for a thread that has changed it's title.

I would however, like to allow a set time limit, eg (15-30mins), so they can correct/adjust any typos, grammar, etc themselves.

If users have the permission to delete their own threads, it would save mods having to hard delete loads of soft deletions which have only been deleted due to a simple typo, grammar,etc.

If the user can't edit the title or delete the thread, then it would save mods having to correct any typos, grammar, etc as well.

I think we've all created threads somewhere, at some point, hit "create" and immediately gone "DOH!!" and hadn't had the chance to correct it.

More importantly, it saves mods work. So it's gotta be good, right? :)

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom