1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Edit Template Error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by CivilWarTalk, Sep 28, 2012.

1. CivilWarTalk

CivilWarTalk Active Member

When I try to edit a template, I get the following error:

Code:
    file_put_contents(/home/XXXX/civilwartalk.com/public_html/internal_data/templates/S.2,L.0,EXTRA.css.php) [[URL='http://civilwartalk.com/function.file-put-contents']function.file-put-contents[/URL]]: failed to open stream: Permission denied

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
        file_put_contents() in XenForo/Template/FileHandler.php at line 95
        XenForo_Template_FileHandler->_saveTemplate() in XenForo/Template/FileHandler.php at line 50
        XenForo_Template_FileHandler::save() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1101
        XenForo_Model_Template->compileAndInsertParsedTemplate() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1014
        XenForo_Model_Template->compileTemplateInStyleTree() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 968
        XenForo_Model_Template->compileNamedTemplateInStyleTree() in XenForo/DataWriter/Template.php at line 293
        XenForo_DataWriter_Template->_recompileTemplate() in XenForo/DataWriter/Template.php at line 275
        XenForo_DataWriter_Template->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1385
        XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Template.php at line 358
        XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Template->actionSaveMultiple() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
        XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
        XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/admin/domains/civilwartalk.com/public_html/admin.php at line 13

I recently moved to a new server, so I assume there is some sort of SQL permission that's not set properly?

2. CivilWarTalk

I've confirmed this issue with multiple templates, and with all add-ons turned off. It seems that the old template remains after you save the template and get this error.

The MySQL user has all permissions set as far as I can tell.

Also got the same error when I attempted to install a new addon...

3. BenForum

BenForum Active Member

change permission of internal_data folder to 755

Jake Bunce likes this.
  4. CivilWarTalk

That was it, although my server required 777, Thanks!