XF 2.2 edit silently

Junkman

Hope that I picked the correct forum for my question. On some of my forums, I can edit a post silently and remove previous edit note, however, I can't do it on all of the forums. Where is the setting to allow this? I am only about a 10 days into this new software and I am afraid of changing settings until I know more about how everything works. thanks

If you can edit the post as a moderator, then the option to edit it silently will appear.

If the option doesn't appear, then you don't have moderating status in those forums.

I would think that as an administrator that I would have a higher level of privileges than a moderator. Thanks for the information. I guess that I will have to add myself as a moderator to the forum. Is there a way to make myself a moderator across all forums, rather than individual forums. That would be a lot simpler for me as an administrator. As a friend who helped me with VBulletion, said, "you are the Grand Pubba of the forums". thanks for the help.

I would think that as an administrator that I would have a higher level of privileges than a moderator.
Administrator permissions apply to the back end (ACP).

Moderator permissions apply to the front end.

Just because a member is an administrator, it doesn't automatically make them a moderator.

They are two completely separate roles, although one member can fulfil both.

Top Bottom