1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Edit Post Issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Eoj Nawoh, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Active Member

Hello,

I have a section of my board where members are able to post new threads, however they shouldn't be able to edit their posts after more than 3 minutes.

Here are the permissions:
    [​IMG]

However,

[​IMG]

He was able to edit his post 6 hours after he posted it.

Edited: He was able to edit it 3 times in total, all past the 3 minutes time limit.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Have you analyzed permissions on the user to find out if one is conflicting and overriding the 3 minute limit?

3. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Active Member

[​IMG]

Just did, a little confused on what's happening.

4. Jeremy

The Unlimited setting on Registered is overriding the 3 minute value on the content. I'll need to test and/or look at the code for that as to why it isn't 3 minutes.

5. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Active Member

Would there be any remedy, or would I have to disable it globally then give it explicitly in ever other forum?

6. Jeremy

I'm trying to trace the code to find out if its overridable or not or why this is happening.

Eoj Nawoh likes this.
  7. Jeremy

8. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Active Member

Alright thanks, in the meantime, is there any recommendations you have? Would make the time limit just higher work and then not be overridden or just by default have it off and give it explicitly in the rest of the forums?

9. Jeremy

Turning it off globally or setting it to 0 and specifying time limits in the forums should work but will be tedious.

10. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Active Member

Yeah, really not looking forward to that. I suppose for the time being, they'll have the ability to do it unlimited.