XF 2.0 Edit Conversation permission??

V3NTUS

Hi everyone,

I wonder the reason for such conditional: $conversation.canEdit() if we have no way to set this permission.

I'm trying to give Admins the possibility to edit/lock a conversation, regardless of the sender's but I find it to be impossible as there's no permission for it.

Any ideas?

Thank you

PS: I apologize if this isn't the proper section for it, but I personally see it as a missing core feature, hence I reported it as bug.

Last edited:
41701928600_e4abf53f89_o.png

43510039951_af52d58a75_o.png

Thanks for your reply S Thomas, unfortunately it's not exactly what I mean. The "canEdit" permission enables the possibility for a user to edit the Conversation, not just the message content.

Take a look:

Screenshot_4.webp

Being an admin I still can't edit private conversations, so I think it still refers only to editing others' conversation messages, and not conversation settings :)

Thanks again for your kind reply though.

That's odd. Check your permissions with the permission analyzer. If I had to guess I would say you have set the permissions to "never" in one of your user groups.

"No" is fine, that can be overriden and the analyzer shows indeed that you have sufficent permissions. I'm out of luck, though, at this point someone else needs to help you. Only advice I could give would be to try that out with all addons disabled in the default style.
Actually, one more thing - are you a moderator (in the moderator group)? The edit permission don't promote you to a mod.

Last edited:
I had only "Display user as staff" checked, but not the Moderator group, so I decided to try it and... (now I was supposed to give good news)
nothing changed (sorry, I would have loved to say it fixed the issue!).

Thanks again S Thomas, you're very kind to take care of my problem.

I think the permission you shown in the screenshot is only meant to allow people to edit the conversation content, as I initially thought.

Top Bottom