• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Implemented Edit Avatar by clicking on own avatar

Marcus

Once you click on your avatar already some user information pops up. If there is no avatar. Then there is a link to the "Add your avatar page".

Most users do not know what an "avatar" is. It is the picture you are represented by on the forum section.

F

Floris

I remember the first day I logged in to CompuServe and before I could do anything on their home page I was asked to select an avatar. I wanted to find on the net what an avatar meant, but they wouldn't allow me to surf, without picking an avatar.

Marcus

Yes, exactly. We are so technology oriented people, we just do not know that there are people who have problems with
  • avatar (it seems to be the movie? is this about the movie?) or profile picture
  • the link in the editor for the [ url ] bbcode looks like something on my bike - so what is that? system should auto-fetch all urls and make them pretty
But this design here looks good! I like especially that when you post something here, your avatar is directly next to it, it looks like the other posts.