1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebola case confirmed in Glasgow hospital

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RobinHood, Dec 29, 2014.

1. RobinHood

RobinHood Well-Known Member

2. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

Ebola does not spread around through air. In fact it is very difficult to get catched by Ebola in a first world country.
    euantor, Amaury and Liam W like this.
  3. RobinHood

I understand that.

It's still good to make people aware though, and I don't think it hurts to wish the best for the well being of any members of the community who live in the vicinity :)
  4. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

You could also wish them well to not get overdriven by a car when they cross a street anywhere at this world. The chances are higher for that than to get Ebola from a guy who is in quarantine at a hospital.
    Amaury and Liam W like this.
  5. RobinHood

Yeah, true. I hope you're right and it doesn't spread.

All the same, I really hope Mike doesn't catch it, because I don't want to be hearing any reasons for the delay of 2.0.

I also hope he doesn't get hit by a car.

No excuses ;)
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  6. RobinHood

Oh bugger. Spoke too soon. The Glaswegian's will be safe shortly, but London is doomed!

Emergency PSA for all fellow Londoners is as follows:

If the virus mutates and we end up with a World War Z type situation over here I'm counting on Brogan to call upon his action movie experience to save us all.
  7. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's ok, we don't let @Mike out his house anyway.
    RastaLulz and Amaury like this.
  8. RobinHood

Sounds like a good policy that should be implemented company wide.

For the good of XF, to keep company health insurance premiums to a minimum, and for the general all round well being of all staff too, I suppose. Although I'm sure the rest can pick up the slack if we lose one of you to this outbreak.

Nasty things tend to have a habit of occurring when you leave the house. Best to just telecommute with a cuppa.
  9. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

10. RobinHood

Yeah, I had already posted that before it had been announced she was to be transferred to London.

I realise the risk has always been negligible to the public.

On a serious note, things aren't looking good for her :(