XF 1.4 eBay link preview widget thingy...

Emil JaBo

Hi guys,

Not sure where the best place is to post this question as I'm not too sure what it involves, but I have a situation whereby I need to post many individual eBay auction links in posts on my forum. What I want to know is, on Facebook, when you post a link to an eBay auction it loads the auction in a little preview box, including and image of the auction item as seen on the main eBay page. It also contains the title and description of the item. It grabs and displays this info from just the link posted on FB. How does it do this. Is it a special thing that eBay worked out with FB to treat any eBay links posted on FB?

My question is: is something like this possible in an XenForo post. Not sure of the terminology, but would it be called embedding the link or something? I basically want to simply post a link in a thread and the link grabs all the details from the auction including preview image etc. is this possible?

Thanks, :)

Thanks Brogan, so it's not possible with the standard posting tools. There is an eBay API, so what you saying is that I'll have to find a developer to create something custom to do this task on my forum? :)

I have asked around and the only guy on here charges a arm and a leg which is ridiculous to me but, one will come one day to do the work I want.

Top Bottom