Lack of interest easy importing posts from mail sources/newsgroups etc

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Paul

Only just found out that Kier et al has this baby up their collective sleeves - possibly the best news i've seen all year!!

Just to add my 2p at this early stage - would be great to allow integration with all those "old" systems out there. I have upwards of a million posts in like an archive forum which in turn was taken from an RGP newsgroup. Think of it as a backup and an attempt to drag a bunch of people from the old system to the new age of Forums (well - newer age). The "add on" to Vb that i'm running still goes off and updates from existing usenet (google) groups (text only), and the ability to carry on doing this would be the deal breaker for me to be honest.

Just wondering if something like this would be easy to implement, or would be considered.

Many thanks and here's to the new breed of what forum software should be!

Paul

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It would be an interesting feature, sure. But to make money offering that archive to google, not to make the forum looks populated. At least for me.

That one other forum software had the "RSS Feed Manager" that pumped external rss feeds into a forum.
Were XF to have that feature as well... google would RSS okay, and your nntp content could be RSS-a-fied and humped in as well - just a thought

Top Bottom