Ease of tranfer, bandwidth, costs & ads question

dcbl

We have a new forum with just over 100 members & 2,000 posts

how hard would it be to transfer post data? Can it all be imported easily?

We are currently on ZetaBoards - can we import users with all their data? Can we save posts and threads?

How much does it cost? Is it more expensive if we get 5,000 members making 1,000 or more posts a day?

Do we control google ads or does Xeno?

We are looking at you because we are not sure how to set up SEO within the Zetaboards network and it looks like you have strong and easy to use SEO features built into the admin cp...

There are several built in importers - see the Pre-Sales FAQ in my signature for which software is support and what is imported.
It's a very straightforward process.

There is no direct importer for ZetaBoards so you would first have to convert to compatible software for which there is an importer.

The cost of the license is fixed and not related to the size of the site or amount of members, posts, etc.
Prices are available here: https://xenforo.com/purchase/

You control your own ads.

There is no direct importer for ZetaBoards so you would first have to convert to compatible software for which there is an importer.

how big of a pain would that be?? have you had any former ZetaBoards clients? Anyone that I could maybe talk to & see if they can give insight on the degree of difficulty on that?

I'm not specifically aware of any, nor am I aware of any importers which exist for ZB in other software.

You would have to check with them to see if they support ZB.

@dcbl
A search of ZetaBoards on here turns up these results and possible solutions for you
https://xenforo.com/community/search/8061616/?q=ZetaBoards&o=relevance&c[node]=5

thanks

our website has been around 15 years & we just had a massive server crash & started over - we jumped on zeta cuz a well respected member was on another board hosted there & it is "free"

I lobbied for xenforo & am still doing so, because of the seo, mobile and the control our own ads thing

and being able to use other URLs within our site

we have 4 excellent URLs that we want to use as the primary URL for certain boards on our site - we can do that, right?

we have 4 excellent URLs that we want to use as the primary URL for certain boards on our site - we can do that, right?
You mean as an appearance of a "separate" board like below?

Motorbikes (only this board topic type visible)
URL mymotorbikes.com
Cars (only this board topic type visible)
URL mycars.com
Boats (only this board topic type visible)
URL myboats.com
Overall URL:myvehicles.com (all above visible)

If so, would require 4 different licences

If you mean
URL: mymotorbikes.com
URL: mycars.com
URL: myboats.com

and then they point at
URL:myvehicles.com

Then one license would be required.

If there is an appearance of different information (or it appears as a separate site) then you have to have a license for each one... if the same topical information is shared amongst all then one license.

Top Bottom