[EAE Add-ons] Cupid's Arrow

[EAE Add-ons] Cupid's Arrow 1.1

No permission to download

Lawrence

Lawrence submitted a new resource:

[EAE Add-ons] Cupid's Arrow - Allow your members to launch arrows (emojis) at other members.

Cupid's Arrow gives your members the opportunity to launch emoji "arrows" at other members. If the option is set, they may choose to launch then anonymously. The emoji members are allowed to launch at each other are set in the options for the add-on. If sent anonymously, and the target member has the bypass user privacy permission, they will be able to see who launched the arrow at them. Arrows show up as alerts, so if the target member decides to turn off alerts for this add-on they will...

Read more about this resource...

With the upcoming holidays approaching, here is a reminder to empty your quiver, and re-stock it with appropriate emojis: turkey, santa, extra. However, keep the wrench, the wrench is always in season, :sneaky:

I thought I'd give this a run for a bit of light-hearted fun..

I do have a suggestion though which I feel is in the spirit of the add-on - a phrase bank with an option for it to be randomised. So instead of everything being recorded as being "hit" with an emoji, you get alerts such as:

Oblivion Knight slapped Lawrence around the face with a 🐟
Oblivion Knight tried to stab Lawrence with a 🥨, but missed and stabbed Brogan instead!
Oblivion Knight threw a ⚾ at Lawrence

If you wanted to get really adventurous, you could almost turn this into a mini RPG style game with hit points and the like..

I thought I'd give this a run for a bit of light-hearted fun..

I do have a suggestion though which I feel is in the spirit of the add-on - a phrase bank with an option for it to be randomised. So instead of everything being recorded as being "hit" with an emoji, you get alerts such as:

Oblivion Knight slapped Lawrence around the face with a 🐟
Oblivion Knight tried to stab Lawrence with a 🥨, but missed and stabbed Brogan instead!
Oblivion Knight threw a ⚾ at Lawrence

If you wanted to get really adventurous, you could almost turn this into a mini RPG style game with hit points and the like..

I have already been asked to add a line of text (optional) that a member can send with an arrow, and will implement that. Adding set phrases is something I have to think about.

I don't think there is any such thing as a mini RPG... hit points, means levelling, means experience rewards, and then damage, healing, unconsciousness, possibly death, resurrection, lol, the list goes on.

With the above said, I'm hoping to start a RPS add-on in January. It'll be original so that it does not break any copyrights with any official RPG games.

You can now attach a "love note" to the arrow, permission based of course. Still have some cleaning up and testing to do.

Attachments

• note.webp
    note.webp
    36.8 KB · Views: 13
Lawrence updated [EAE Add-ons] Cupid's Arrow with a new update entry:

New feature

Added an option to allow sending a note with the emoji arrow. The note length is set in the add-on's option. The length in characters ranges from 0 (turns sending of notes off) to 255.

A new general permission is also added [EAE] Can attach love notes to Cupid's arrows, it is set to No on install.

If you allow members to send a note with their emoji, you may want to set the accuracy option to 100%, or... embarrassing moments may arise, 🤬

See screenshots:

Read the rest of this update entry...

1. I tried font awesome, i tried the codes for my smileys, tried greek language ... please add a link to or list of codes to your docs. Thank you.
2. The icon needs a text also. Most people will just not see the target-icon.
3. Why we have no list for the last x arrows? We have lists for everything. :)

Last edited:
Good day, :)
1. I tried font awesome, i tried the codes for my smileys, tried greek language ... please add a link to or list of codes to your docs. Thank you.
The add-on only supports emojis. If you go to phrases in the ACP and filter using 'emoji', you can see a list of the first 300 emoji available.
2. The icon needs a text also. Most people will just not see the target-icon.
Texts (the name of the emoji, and the short code) are displayed on hover. I could add an option to display the name of the emoji fired to the immediate right of it, for the next release.
3. Why we have no list for the last x arrows? We have lists for everything.
In the AdminCP -> Content -> Launched arrows will display the latest arrows fired with additional information (if this is what you are referring to), :)

Top Bottom