XF 1.5 E-mail only for password reset

RustyDogma

The password reset has an option to use the user name. I don't want to do that, as it's easy for anyone to look at a member name and do a reset. I want the reset to work via email only. Where/how can I set this?

Even if you use username, it still sends email with password reset link. There is no possibility of resetting password without sending email.

Even if you use username, it still sends email with password reset link. There is no possibility of resetting password without sending email.
Right.. I want to use the email only. What I don't want is someone to be able to reset a password using only the user name.

As an example.. I know your name is Arty, so I can go to the log-in and reset your password with your user name over and over just to annoy you (or set up a bot to do that to every member of the forum). However, I don't know your email address. So I want the password reset to require the email address - not be done with only the user names. I want the person performing the reset to need to know the users email address to perform a password reset.

I use your forum skin btw.. much <3

Last edited:
Top Bottom