E-mail customisation

Crazyfruitbat

Hi guys, is there any way to customise the style of the email that goes out for the board?
At the moment all the emails going out from the website look like the xenforo style - can they be customised?

Cheers,
Chris

Has any good resoureces been added about "board-emails", not only about styling but also adding extra info? I cannot find much, a bit weird to me, extra info in mails sent out is very good option for advertising and getting visitors back to the site.

Has any good resoureces been added about "board-emails", not only about styling but also adding extra info? I cannot find much, a bit weird to me, extra info in mails sent out is very good option for advertising and getting visitors back to the site.

With regards to styling the e-mails I haven't noticed anything posted but I'll add this to my todo list and tinker around and post (hopefully) some base guides and styling templates for people to work from. It's something I've been meaning to look at for a while now.

What we have done is using our websites default color style, replaced the inline colors in the email templates to match ours. This small tweak does give the emails a very custom look, we didn't use images for backgrounds and bars because many email clients do not support images right off the bat and users have to turn them on.

Where exactly can I do this? I want to have the same background color in the emails as in the forum.

I found here the guide how to setup debug modus:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/email-templates.66957/#post-703659

But there seem to be parts in the email, I can not change with colour code. The thread title for example stays always in blue.

Also the line above the thread title i.e.: "
snoopy5, Brogan replied to a thread you are watching at XenForo Community.

" the links in it stay in blue.

Quotes neither seem to get changed in colours.

Where do I change all these?

Hey folks,

there are parts in the emails, which are colored and there must be somewhere the code for it!

I can not believe that nobody can tell me either where this code is to change it without destroying colours on other places or what to put i.e. in extra.css to overwrite this just for the email content????

Try using the Email Template Mods system to style the templates.

Where do I find this in ACP?

....Either that or as mentioned in post #2, manually edit them.

I tried that and it works. But not everything what is visible in the emails, is listed there. So I could not replace the colour code for areas, which are not listed there at all...

Like quotes within an email (colour of quoted text and of background within the quote), colour of the thread title within the email, background colour of "view ths thread".

Is there a plan to add at least some basic level customizing ability for email templates that doesn't get overwritten with upgrades? I think it's really important to have some consistency between the colors of the site and the emails that are sent out from the site. It creates a big disconnect seeing stock XF colors when the colors of our site are completely different.

Top Bottom