Dynamic post thread button

FloV

Hi,

it would be great if the "post thread" button could be a little bit more dynamic. For example if the forum only supports articles it could say "create article". Also, if a forum allows more then one thread type, a huge benefit would be if we could hotlink to a specific tab like .../post-thread#poll

I would like to work a lit with filters and for example if the thread_type = question filter is active, i would change to button to "create new question". :)

Thank you

PS: Thread prompts per thread type would also be great but i guess i should also open a new suggestion for that! ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 20
Post Thread what a dumb invite that is.

Threads, whats a thread? Ask 99% of the population and they'll think of needles. It's an unintuitive name for what it is, maybe it made sense in the days of usenet and it's threaded discussions, but now it needs explaining to lots of people.

So what could we use in its place, Post Discussion. What do we mean by Post! will we need a stamp? Another confusing term

OK we could easily change it now to Start Discussion, or Start Topic and this will be easier to understand for many.

But modern forums are much more than a usenet threaded discussion. We need that button to encourage people to click it.

Depending which forum it is in, it might read "Share Your Adventure", "Sell your Car" "Introduce Yourself" so much better than dumb old, confusing, uninspiring, post thread

Come on, give this thread some love and get this added to the core, thank you.

Post Thread what a dumb invite that is.

Threads, whats a thread? Ask 99% of the population and they'll think of needles. It's an unintuitive name for what it is, maybe it made sense in the days of usenet and it's threaded discussions, but now it needs explaining to lots of people.

So what could we use in its place, Post Discussion. What do we mean by Post! will we need a stamp? Another confusing term

OK we could easily change it now to Start Discussion, or Start Topic and this will be easier to understand for many.

But modern forums are much more than a usenet threaded discussion. We need that button to encourage people to click it.

Depending which forum it is in, it might read "Share Your Adventure", "Sell your Car" "Introduce Yourself" so much better than dumb old, confusing, uninspiring, post thread

Come on, give this thread some love and get this added to the core, thank you.
One of the first threads pre-release was discussion vs topic vs thread.

EDIT: here is the thread (there were 2 others I believe as well): https://xenforo.com/community/threads/thread-vs-discussion-vs-topic.2838/

Top Bottom