Duplicate account check

Duplicate account check [Paid] 3.0

No permission to buy ($35.00)

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Duplicate account check - Checks for duplicate user accounts.

Premium upgrade:

This XF2 add-on along with the entire collection can be purchased for $25.00 USD. Your Premium upgrade will allow you to download as many XF2 add-ons as you like for one year. Please see the entire collection located in the Resources area at this URL:

https://www.xf2addons.com/

Note: all my XF1 add-ons are still 100% free and are supported by donations.

Description:

Checks for duplicate user accounts.

If two or more usernames with the same IP...

Read more about this resource...

Great addon Andy, I know a lot of members have been waiting for something like this for XF2
Is there no way to make it so instead of being sent an e mail it could send the info to a Thread in a selected forum? Or is that not easy to make it do it that way?

Great thing with this addon is you pay $25 for this addon but then you have full download access to all of Andy's 191 other XF2 addons on his site, it's a no brainer really...

Last edited:
We’ve found IP address to be pretty useless for detecting multiple accounts. Some kind of cookie based detection seems far more useful (for us at least!)

Great release. I will defiantly looking into this one when I make the move to xf2. I have a similar addon for xf1, but it creates a thread upon detection. I think it's needed so other staff are aware of the dupe and can assist with the work load.

We’ve found IP address to be pretty useless for detecting multiple accounts. Some kind of cookie based detection seems far more useful (for us at least!)

Yeah same here. Too many use the same cell tower or relay station and the areas change for these IPs too. Heck one of my wireless IPs is shared with a member who is many states away. I had the IP about 3 months ago and he is using it now. Has never been in my area.

This addon does IP and User Agent match. (y)

Last edited:
Places a cookie on the machine so if they use a VPN or dynamic IP it still flags them
Yeah same here. Too many use the same cell tower or relay station and the areas change for these IPs too. Heck one of my wireless IPs is shared with a member who is many states away. I had the IP about 3 months ago and he is using it now. Has never been in my area.

This addon does IP and User Agent match. (y)
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/alter-ego-detector-aed2.6662/

Would it be possible to include the e-mail of the accounts in the reports? Because sometimes we can be sure of it when the emails are very very similar, as we all know this method is stilll not 100% accurate, and this way I think it'd have slighty higher chances.

I keep an email every hour with the same duplicate user name, is there a way to stop the emails after just one?

Could the "Email to username" field be changed to tag users similar to "Exclude usernames"?

I know it's probably a rare occurrence, but if this user changes their username, this field doesn't update automatically.

Doesn't work. I know I have people with duplicate account, but I never get the email. Please make an option to get a PM instead. Or a post in a mod forum.

Top Bottom