Dual display port, or two graphics cards, or one graphics card and DVI to DP converter?

There is actually a R7 270 that has 2x Display Ports, and you wouldn't be dealing with having to use VGA.
Thanks I'll check it out.
I won't be using VGA with the new card as it has dual DVI outputs + DP + HDMI.

However, I'm going to look into the R2 270 and can always return it.

So, AMD video cards should be able to do daisy chains from the displayport out, that is if your monitor supports them. That or you have an active hub, newer Dell u2414H's have an displayport out and its really beautiful.

Only the more recent NVidia cards support multiple monitors well. Depending on your preference in the great video card wars, a newer NVidia card would work just as well as any AMD card.

I would love to have three of the new u2414H's and daisy chain them together.

So, AMD video cards should be able to do daisy chains from the displayport out, that is if your monitor supports them. That or you have an active hub, newer Dell u2414H's have an displayport out and its really beautiful.

Only the more recent NVidia cards support multiple monitors well. Depending on your preference in the great video card wars, a newer NVidia card would work just as well as any AMD card.

I would love to have three of the new u2414H's and daisy chain them together.
You can get the same panels that Apple uses for their 'retina' display monitors for less:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/dream-seller/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

I've also not had any major issues with NVIDIA for years with multiple monitor setups, but I usually buy the higher end cards.

The same panel is not the same monitor. You do not get the door to door warranty, or all of the extra bonus perks of the monitors.
Not all monitors are created equal. Korean panels have a lot of risks with them.

Also those Apple panels are made by a popular third party. Samsung, LG or Phillips depending on who Apple has pissed off.

The same panel is not the same monitor. You do not get the door to door warranty, or all of the extra bonus perks of the monitors.
Not all monitors are created equal. Korean panels have a lot of risks with them.

The seller I used replaced two panels from a friend of mine for a single dead pixel. A co-worker at work had to fight tooth and nail to get Apple to replace a panel with a dead pixel.

Other than the fact that you get an option of glossy or matte, and more options in regards to what connections you get... The panels are pretty much the same other than bezel. There was a side by side tear down when they started becoming popular, and there weren't many differences between them.

As far as any other perks... There really aren't any :). For $1k I can get at least 3 monitors that are essentially the same, maybe 4 if the seller feels like offering me a deal (which he has for larger orders).

Also those Apple panels are made by a popular third party. Samsung, LG or Phillips depending on who Apple has pissed off.

Iirc, it's only Samsung IPS or LG IPS that are used, though the Samsung PLS monitors are also very comparable to the retina display.

Right. Apple terminated their relationship with Phillips, right? I believe Samsung supplies Dell and HP, whereas LG supplies to the likes of NEC and BenQ, etc.

I don't know who makes the IPS displays for Asus though. Their IPS displays are impressive.

Toshiba Dynadock works well for dual and triple displays. It wasn`t easy to setup at first, but it does work after a few days of trial and error.

Currently running a Dell U2713HM and a Dell U2412M from an NVIDIA GeForce GTX660 via DVI.

I suspect I could have probably run them both from my old GTS250, but everyone likes new PC components, riight?

Top Bottom