• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Drupal Bridge

Thats something i would like to, but for me it can be simple i only want that when people register they also get normal user access in drupal. The design that the Wordpress plugin has with the design in Xenforo is not needed for me.

I have tried many different types of "CMS" and I have to agree, you need a PHD to get to grips with Drupal.

Disclaimer: imo :p

I think if someone had a PhD Drupal is the last thing they'd want to deal with ......... maybe if you were high on some very potent class As and you were looking for a way to induce a chaos fed aneurysm it might come in handy ....... I use Druapl as a living example of why coding standards and architecture is needed in software projects.

Newsflash to Drupal users:
A Drupal Bridge would take huge work.
Even login integration would be hard.
I think you'd be looking at raising a fair amount of money before anyone even would consider making this.
People should be quoting how many hundreds of dollars they would be willing to commit to a drupal bridge.

The government likes drupal.

I'm upset.

It would be nice if this litigation crap wasn't going on so idiots stop telling me "man I love all those forum features; but can we do this in wordpress, drupal, joomla, etc?" Not to mention the "sales" pitch about IB being babies about kier's crew making pretty much the best social platform for the past what? 10 years?

Makes me want to kill. I want to stop developing on crap platforms. Magento was the last thing I had to work with; I'd rather have a shopping cart plugin on a forum.

Makes me want to kill. I want to stop developing on crap platforms. Magento was the last thing I had to work with; I'd rather have a shopping cart plugin on a forum.

Three of the last projects I was brought in to save - were all Drupal induced carnage combined with no forethought - when they should of been a framework and any amount of thinking ahead. It's the topic of my next blog post.

Three of the last projects I was brought in to save - were all Drupal induced carnage combined with no forethought - when they should of been a framework and any amount of thinking ahead. It's the topic of my next blog post.

It's absurd. I want to be pushing Xenforo to everyone, it's hard enough pushing vbulletin on these people.

Wordpress/drupal/joomla are blogging platforms, there is no full scale social interaction available. It's annoying making someone with little knowledge in the space understand why it's essential.

content-management-market-share.webp
cm-coremedia.webp

I've never had any problems with Drupal and have done quite a bit with it in the past. It absolutely has a learning curve, but if you approach it properly you can produce some pretty cool stuff without much time invested. To each their own I guess.

If XF were capable of something similar to Views. CCK and the other top modules this request wouldn't exist.

I do remember th vBdrupal project was quite the challenge.

I was the admin of vbDrupal before turning it over to All4Data in 2010.

I have contacted the original developer of vbDrupal (tamarian) as well as the person that took it over after him (elmuerte) and neither have time in the immediate future to work on a Xenforo integration.

I would be willing to help and contribute financially if we could get this going.

Reading through this thread, I'm surprised to see such anti-Drupal fanboyism.

You certainly don't need a PhD to work with it, but Drupal does require a level of familiarity on a curve that most people don't have the time or patience to understand. When I first started using it I was extremely frustrated and was constantly looking for something else.

Eventually I took the time to sit down and figure it out and now there's no chance I'd ever use anything else. If a client approaches me to do a website my go-to platforms are Wordpress and Drupal. There has never been ANY project I failed to achieve spectacular success with using Drupal... Just because the platform provides you with the tools to make a horrible website doesn't mean the platform is flawed; the problem exists between the keyboard and the chair.

It may not be the sleek Ferrari that is xenForo, but it's certainly far more powerful.

An OpenID solution would be just fine; I'm not wanting to integrate content... Just some form of authentication that doesn't require signing up on multiple platforms on the same site.

Top Bottom