1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dropdown menu

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Eliteoomph, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Eliteoomph

Eliteoomph Member

Hey Guys,

I have posted a topic already about adding new navigation tabs but how do I add a new drop down menu?

I tried just editing the navigation template but and I could duplicate an existing dropdown menu (members) but I had problems when trying to tweak it to be my own... I am not sure what all else am I suppose to edit and thought I better ask before I mess something up.
  2. Pope Viper

Pope Viper Well-Known Member

Thought I would bump this, as I have the same question.

Specifically, I want to add two tabs as the following:

Special Access
    - Jukebox
    - Library
    - File Access
    - etc.

- AdminCP
    - PHPAdmin
    - IIS Manager
    - etc.

Obviously, I'll want conditionals so specific groups can access them

Thanks in advance!
  3. Floris

Floris Guest

I am 75% done with a plugin that does this. We're about ready to release the first beta. I will work on this now and release it here on XenForo as well. It will have an 'admin only?' checkbox, but it won't have specific usergroup support.

Screen shot 2011-09-09 at 7.21.57 AM.png
  4. Floris

Floris Guest

5. Pope Viper

Pope Viper Well-Known Member

Cool, will this also have sublinks/active tab at some point?

Really like this, Floris.
  6. Floris

Floris Guest

It can do what xenforo can do, - you can always recode html/css templates to do what you need. This is just for those who want a simple solution to adding a few new tabs with some links without going through hoops - or upgrade issues in the future.