Drop down profile menu shows one column instead of two

System0

I was changing my colour scheme last night and noticed that the drop down menu is showing in one column instead of two. I haven't change any widths in the pop up menu styling area so I am not sure why this happened.

Any ideas why this is happening?

xen-drop-down.webp

it'll most probably be your account menu width. You may need to increase this or if you modified it set it back to default. Below is the default width setting so you may have to increase this if you've made alterations to the account menu specifically or all menus you may have altered.

Code:
#AccountMenu {
    width: 274px;
}

Thanks Shelly. Forsaken is actually doing me a big favour and checking it out for me just now. If he can't see what's wrong, I can try your styling code out :)

I'm confused as to why it changed as no widths were changed in the menu styling area though :)

Thanks Shelly. Forsaken is actually doing me a big favour and checking it out for me just now. If he can't see what's wrong, I can try your styling code out :)

I'm confused as to why it changed as no widths were changed in the menu styling area though :)

You may have increased the width of #AccountMenu .menuColumns a, #AccountMenu .menuColumns label which can result in the issue in your screenshot? Eitherway, forsaken will fix it quickly he knows that area like the back of his hand.

I have one forum that does that and another that looks normal (2 Columns) both the same width.. Im not to concerned about it but thought id mention it here. ;)

New install. no design changes, only changed page width to 1100px and installed xenporta. I've changed the page width on several xf forums and have never encountered this problem until now.

Thanks for the link referal Russ. :)

New install. no design changes, only changed page width to 1100px and installed xenporta. I've changed the page width on several xf forums and have never encountered this problem until now.

Thanks for the link referal Russ. :)

Did you try adding in this to extra.css:

#AccountMenu {
width: 280px;
}

It's strange it's happening on a new install though

Bingo... I think if you add a border to secondaryContent, even 1px it'll create a one column user menu :),

Did it on my board and I thought of this thread

Creating a border is interesting. I've made some changes and only need one column, but I don't want to add a border. Strangely enough when I try and reduce the width, I'm not getting the desired result. Going up to 294 allowed for a wider username, but I don't need the extra width since I won't display the username or avatar anymore. It stays at 274 regardless of the change.

#AccountMenu
{
width: 100px !important;
}

xenforo68.webp

Well it does go down to 200px, not the 150px I was looking for. Since 200px matches the width of the forum and members dropdowns, that's good enough for me.

Top Bottom