Downloading..

Aisha

Hello,

I just got a secondhand license and it says I cannot download XF until I enter my site information. Thing is I would like to develop for XF and install on localhost and maybe use it in the future. My question is simple. When I put in the site name and URL am I tied into this? Does the license verification use the URL? Do I have to pay a fee to change the URL at a later date(like IPS does)?

Thanks.

EDIT: ...I could've sworn that I was posting in the questions and support board. Sorry..

Hello,

I just got a secondhand license and it says I cannot download XF until I enter my site information. Thing is I would like to develop for XF and install on localhost and maybe use it in the future. My question is simple. When I put in the site name and URL am I tied into this? Does the license verification use the URL? Do I have to pay a fee to change the URL at a later date(like IPS does)?

Thanks.
You may update the URL at any given time, as long as you remove the copy from the URL you had it on before. I think localhost works as a URL, but you can't install it anywhere public.

Use localhost and change it when you go live.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/pre-sales-faq.4951/

Do I need to enter the domain URL of where I intend to install the forum when I download the software?
If you don't currently have a domain or don't intend to install it at this time, you can use localhost/127.0.0.1.

Can I change the domain or URL where the software is installed?
Yes, as long as you remove the original installation before installing it elsewhere. Ensure you update your account details in your Customer area.

Top Bottom