Lack of interest Don't ask user about him message deletion reason

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

grisha2217

After message posting in profile/thread i wanted to delete written message, why i should write delete message reason? For what? For moderators?
I think, this function might be deleted or can be disabled (by admin desire).

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It can be very useful for people to know. But it's not compulsory to put the reason
99% of all reasons are "useless post", "changed my mind" etc.
If message was deleted, so user found it right. Moderator don't receive useful information about user message deletion reason.

I speak about reason for user message deletion (no moderator)

99% of all reasons are "useless post", "changed my mind" etc.
If message was deleted, so user found it right. Moderator don't receive useful information about user message deletion reason.

I speak about reason for user message deletion (no moderator)
It depends on your forum setup. On my forum only moderators can (soft) delete messages, users cannot. Deletion reasons, when given, are therefore useful.

As has been said though, deletion reason is optional.

I find it useful when the post or thread is deleted by the member and they give a reason why they deleted it. For example they deleted the thread because another member made a rude post, well it's good to follow up on these sorts of problems.
You said good example, but system can ask deletion reason when user is trying to delete thread. There are 99% cases, when user don't need write deletion reason

You said good example, but system can ask deletion reason when user is trying to delete thread. There are 99% cases, when user don't need write deletion reason

Maybe on your forum, but obviously not on everybody's. And as it is not compulsory to give a reason, does it really matter?

Top Bottom