• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Add-on Donation Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. It adds to the user criteria so you can simply use XenForo's user promotion system and add criteria "User has donated at least:" option. Just set it to 0.1.

This is off the top of my head but you should be able to figure it out.

I dont know if this is a issue from your add-on or related to paypal, but in my forum we opt to use $ dolars as the currency. But, since we are in Brazil and my members have paypal accounts from Brazil, we receive an error when donating:

You can not make that payment based on the information entered. When you have a PayPal account in Brazil, traders must pay in Brazilian reais.

I dont know if this is a issue from your add-on or related to paypal, but in my forum we opt to use $ dolars as the currency. But, since we are in Brazil and my members have paypal accounts from Brazil, we receive an error when donating:

You can not make that payment based on the information entered. When you have a PayPal account in Brazil, traders must pay in Brazilian reais.

I believe it's Paypal's new policy Fuhrman:

Restricted Currencies: PayPal offers several currencies which may only be held and transacted in between customers of the country which issues the currency. These currencies are Argentinean Peso, Brazilian Reais, and Malaysian Ringgit. Residents of these countries are required to comply with all local currency restrictions of their home country when transacting in these currencies. You will not be able to convert any of these currencies and send them from your PayPal balance to make payments for goods sold in a different currency. In the event you receive funds in one of these currencies, you will have two options with regards to the funds: 1. you may withdraw them to your local bank account, or 2. use them to purchase goods or services in such currency from a resident of your country. PayPal does not engage in foreign exchange in relation to these currencies. All funds are held in locally regulated financial institutions and any foreign exchange is done by such institutions or your credit card issuer.

https://cms.paypal.com/ae/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/Payments_full

Yeah I made a small note in options when selecting that currency that I got from the list of currencies PayPal offers (they are basically copy and pasted). I think I might make the above information come up when one is selected though to avoid confusion.

Any news on when 3.0 is coming? I have a lot of angry users that have donated hundreds of dollars towards a yearly donation drive, however their progress was wiped out since your donation manager only runs monthly.

Thanks.

Updates to all my add-ons are on hold until I finish my website to properly handle purchases and support. Currently there are limitations that I have to solve before my add-ons get too popular and too hard to maintain. Once the website is up and running add-on releases and updates will be back at a fast pace.

How to change PayPal primary account email? I dont have that option shown in your screen shot.
Capture_02162012_182616.webp

There is meant to be an option for you in there as well... don't know why it isn't showing, might be due to a XenForo update (never thought of that). I will look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom