• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Add-on Donation Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to request that users who donate a certain amount have the option of being moved into a new usergroup. Also, I see you are working on a XenPorta block, can't wait to see it.

And finally, I tried to purchase your plugin but the buy link in your original post is dead. Furthermore, attempting to log onto your xenforo website through facebook results in an error. You make it hard for us to buy your plugin, I hope this small errors are not a sign of your programming capabilities. ;)

I would like to request that users who donate a certain amount have the option of being moved into a new usergroup. Also, I see you are working on a XenPorta block, can't wait to see it.

And finally, I tried to purchase your plugin but the buy link in your original post is dead. Furthermore, attempting to log onto your xenforo website through facebook results in an error. You make it hard for us to buy your plugin, I hope this small errors are not a sign of your programming capabilities. ;)

Hello Euthyphro,

We are sorry to hear you have these problems.

I fixed the links in the OP and the problems with Facebook login, they were still linked to our old (.net) domain.

If you have bought the Account Upgrade for the Donation Manager then you can download the addon here: http://www.mercenarydesign.com.au/threads/donation-manager-1-0.26/
If you still cannot download the addon, you can always contact us.

We have bought WHMCS, a complete Client Management program that will make things easier for you and for us in the future.
We will be getting it live asap, but we've been busy with the holidays.

- Vincent
Staff Member at MercenaryDesign.com.au

Hello Euthyphro,

We are sorry to hear you have these problems.

I fixed the links in the OP and the problems with Facebook login, they were still linked to our old (.net) domain.

If you have bought the Account Upgrade for the Donation Manager then you can download the addon here: http://www.mercenarydesign.com.au/threads/donation-manager-1-0.26/
If you still cannot download the addon, you can always contact us.

We have bought WHMCS, a complete Client Management program that will make things easier for you and for us in the future.
We will be getting it live asap, but we've been busy with the holidays.

- Vincent
Staff Member at MercenaryDesign.com.au

Hey Vincent, I have already purchased your product. :) Nonetheless, now that I have purchased it, I hope to see the following features as more ppl are also requesting them:
- XenPorta block integration. Need this ASAP.
- Ability for donors to be moved into various user groups based on the amount the user has donated.
- Give an option or remove the "Monthly goal" text on the donations page under the donation goal amount. Not all of us want to raise a monthly donation, our site is raising money for the whole year. I have had to go in and edit the template file manually, it would be nice not to have to do that.

Hey Vincent, I have already purchased your product. :) Nonetheless, now that I have purchased it, I hope to see the following features as more ppl are also requesting them:
- XenPorta block integration. Need this ASAP.
- Ability for donors to be moved into various user groups based on the amount the user has donated.
- Give an option or remove the "Monthly goal" text on the donations page under the donation goal amount. Not all of us want to raise a monthly donation, our site is raising money for the whole year. I have had to go in and edit the template file manually, it would be nice not to have to do that.

Hello Euthyphro, I'm glad you were able to purchase our product :)
Regarding the features:
  • Robbo is currently busy creating the XenPorta block integration, I'm sure he'll reply here soon telling how far he is with it :)
  • This is something you might not find in 1.0.0 stable, although it's a good idea. I'll talk to Robbo about it.
  • That is a very good notice, not everyone wants the Donation Goal Amount. This will definitely come in the next version!

Version 1.0 Beta 2.3 released

This is a minor release so won't see any of the bigger planned feature.

Change Log
  • added support for all currencies PayPal supports
  • added file health check support
  • various template tweaks and fixes
  • added permission to display navigation menu or not
  • fixed bug causing donation deletions to leave behind a user in the donor list
  • cron change to make sure goals are updated

Love the progress I'm seeing. Definitely going to be snagging a copy of this real soon as I inch closer to launch. :)

Right now the plugin only supports on donation campaign with no fixed dates. In other words, I have a "Pay for 2012 server hosting", however, people who have donated to me in 2011 are still being counted in this campaign when they shouldn't be.

Could you please add an option for start and end cut off dates for donations to be counted on current campaigns?

Thanks.

What is planned for Beta 3
  • big re-factoring job
  • ACP section under applications with a splash page
  • new goal system allowing multiple goals, milestones and custom times
  • possibly XenPorta widgets if I can get past the terrible sytem/code

This stuff will all be in the new system planned. For now it is just the most basic feature set until I get time to get back to it.

What is planned for Beta 3
  • big re-factoring job
  • ACP section under applications with a splash page
  • new goal system allowing multiple goals, milestones and custom times
  • possibly XenPorta widgets if I can get past the terrible sytem/code
This stuff will all be in the new system planned. For now it is just the most basic feature set until I get time to get back to it.

Sounds great, when can we expect it?

Please take this as constructive criticism, I am not trying to sound rude in any way. Considering that some of us have paid $29 to you, the least you could do is give us an estimated date. Saying "No idea" is very unprofessional and not only might it scare off future potential buyers, but at the same time, it is irritating to those of us who have already paid you.

I also have a lot of work and you can see exactly what you are paying for. Please link me to where XenForo has answered when 1.2 will be released, when the resource manager will be on this site and/or released. This doesn't support me enough to do it full time yet and I have a LOT of work to do so I don't know when I will get to certain things. If I give a time and I don't meet it I receive a backlash. Most companies these days will not give a time and just say "When it's done". Which is the same with me.

Hey Robbo, got this from ya the other day and just now got around to playing with it. I set the permissions and options, and tried to do a test donation of 5 bucks, it went through to paypal and redirected me back to the site, gave me the "Thank you for donating! Every contribution helps" message but it still says "No one has donated yet, be the first!" in every section of the addon. The payment completed via paypal and says complete when logged in, not pending or other.

I tried it again but when that failed I figured perhaps some of the files didn't upload properly, so I did a full reinstall of the addon, verified all files were on the server, and tried again - no dice. Really not sure what the issue could be or how I could provide useful information to help determine what might be going on. I should note I didn't set any options for a goal as I didn't want one. Does a goal have to be set? Didn't seem like this would be the case.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Do a file health check first. Also see what happens if a goal is set, could be a problem with it somehow. I have gotten this issue from someone else recently so will be getting it sorted asap, I just need to reproduce it first.

Version 1.0 Beta 2.3.1 released
Backup before running the upgrade! This is beta software.

This is a bug release fixing a big problem in Beta 2.3, so if you are using 2.3 be sure to upgrade.

Change Log
  • bug fix stopping donations from being processed after PayPal

Hey Robbo, got this from ya the other day and just now got around to playing with it. I set the permissions and options, and tried to do a test donation of 5 bucks, it went through to paypal and redirected me back to the site, gave me the "Thank you for donating! Every contribution helps" message but it still says "No one has donated yet, be the first!" in every section of the addon. The payment completed via paypal and says complete when logged in, not pending or other.

I tried it again but when that failed I figured perhaps some of the files didn't upload properly, so I did a full reinstall of the addon, verified all files were on the server, and tried again - no dice. Really not sure what the issue could be or how I could provide useful information to help determine what might be going on. I should note I didn't set any options for a goal as I didn't want one. Does a goal have to be set? Didn't seem like this would be the case.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Release above fixes this.

Can you add a permission so that members can donate but not see who else donated?

If you put 'View Donations' to 'not set' they can't go to the donation page to donate even if you have 'Donate' set to yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom