Donation Manager [Paid] [Deleted]

The person who wrote it (Robbo) and the person who now owns and maintains it (vbgamer45) are two different people... The original Author checked out but the product has a successor who only just a cpl days ago released a small update.

Hi FredC
I lot of authors will get back to you I think the longest was around couple of days that is reasonable! I put a support ticket found his email nothing and that was over a week ago for the amount he is asking for the add-on personally and this is just me, I think he should be a little more on the ball. I mean even a quick email saying I'm looking into this but nothing?? But let me digress most authors are very customer aware and that is good for XenForo.

Vinny

If there was just one feature I would ask for, it would be the option to send the user a PM upon successful donation, with an editable phrase for customization.

oh, and the ability to move a user to a different user group after donation...

Hi
This is VERY DISAPPOINTING still no word about what is going on with my site, but it seems that no one else is getting any answer's!!! Well I just bought Snog's Paypal Manager you can check it out here http://snogssite.com/resources/paypal-balance-donation-system.14/ It a little different then the donation manager but to date with no answer Im moving on!!!!! Before you BUY Donation Manager add-on email the author to see if he is backing it up........ Before you spend $50.00.......

Vinny

I do realise you're busy with other project work and getting up to speed with Robbo's addons but one thing that would be nice, for us anyway, would be to have the Paypal balance shown in the goal sidebar box. I've done a manual one where I have to edit the template with the amount each time for our site - find it helps peeps realise if our coffers are getting a bit low. Have a pic below of what I'm talking about.

upload_2015-2-26_20-31-43.webp

So I take it that support is lacking here...

My site really needs a good, completely featured donation program.
Donations MUST be recorded, and confirmed automatically at the PayPal level.
I used the one from DBTech (ugh) at VB, but it had issues, which I just lived with.

I know Snog is around, so I am assuming I should go with his for our site?

Ok, I bought snog's. I am new, and will need help. I have a lot of questions inevitably. If I get an error, I will likely be stumped.
I need support. Two weeks is a long time to wait IMO.

snog's is a little different than I am used to, but it worked right off. The concept of "account upgrades" was a bit foreign to me at first. I am used to DBTech's for VB4, which lets people donate whatever they wish, without necessarily requiring any corresponding upgrade in their account status. (You can have a group change, or not, as you see fit). (Anyone who is curious why I didn't just buy the one I had for XF contact me privately by PC).

But, the more I thought about it, the more I thought that snog's way makes a lot of sense. Many sites have preferred users or value-added content as a means of raising money to keep them afloat. I can use the money to pay people to produce drawings or videos that people would gladly pay extra to use.

Hello The Hobby-Machinist
When I installed Snogs add-on I did not have any errors, it was a clean install...

Vinny

Vinny- you are right on.

It works great. And when I wanted to make a custom change (change the "purchase" button to a larger graphic), snog responded FAST on his site, I followed his changes and it works awesome. Have gotten some donations already!

Hi The Hobby-Machinist
I'm glad good like Ive said there are some awsome coders that back up thier add-on's up and they are right on the ball.... Good Luck....

Vinny

Today, after install the update we got the following error popping up.

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Class 'Merc_DonationManager_Common_Listener' not found - library/Merc/DonationManager/Listener.php:4
Generated By: Unknown Account, 3 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(267) "https://inthegame.nl/forums/css.php?css=EWRrio_hide,GoToTop_mini,Gritter,GritterEXTRA,bbcm_js,cta_featuredthreads,discussion_list,inline_mod,lms_FooterPie,moderator_bar,toggleme_auto,toggleme_manual,unread_posts_count,xengallery_tab_links&style=2&dir=LTR&d=1425394840"
["_GET"] => array(4) {
["css"] => string(198) "EWRrio_hide,GoToTop_mini,Gritter,GritterEXTRA,bbcm_js,cta_featuredthreads,discussion_list,inline_mod,lms_FooterPie,moderator_bar,toggleme_auto,toggleme_manual,unread_posts_count,xengallery_tab_links"
["style"] => string(1) "2"
["dir"] => string(3) "LTR"
["d"] => string(10) "1425394840"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Please advice?

Hi Helldon

Question when you installed the add-on did you put eveything in the right dir? When I install an add-on I alway do it by hand? for instance if the add-on has files that have to go in js dir I look at the dir I unziped on my pc and manually make sure those file goto the right dir.. Please check... Beside it looks like a file or dir is missing?? "Merc_DonationManager_Common_Listener' Not Found??

Thank You
Vinny

Last edited:
@vbgamer45 this plugin is the only one of its kind.. Of course there are other donation plugins but this one still has great potential to be the best. This is the one I'd jump on and get good because it really is a diamond in the rough and has the potential to make you a lot of money.

@vbgamer45 this plugin is the only one of its kind.. Of course there are other donation plugins but this one still has great potential to be the best. This is the one I'd jump on and get good because it really is a diamond in the rough and has the potential to make you a lot of money.

Hi FredC
I agree however Im not sure who has control of the add-on I heard that the original person does not work on it any more but this is hear say?? I hope who ever has it does something with it too..... And besides hes asking almost $50.00 for it...... that is alot for an add-on especially if you dont back it up..

Vinny

Just checking in now.I didn't get any notifications of any replies, I am not checking here day to day. Logged in and now see a bunch of posts and tag from FredC in my alerts Going to have to check and see if I can get topic replies auto emailed to me. It says i am watching the thread but I did not get any extra replies...
Please for any support issues post on http://xfapps.com/support/ I have zero open tickets in my support system without a reply.
I am busy with some of my other companies but will try to reply when I can.

Last edited:
Just checking in now.I didn't get any notifications of any replies, I am not checking here day to day. Logged in and now see a bunch of posts and tag from FredC in my alerts Going to have to check and see if I can get topic replies auto emailed to me. It says i am watching the thread but I did not get any extra replies...
Please for any support issues post on http://xfapps.com/support/ I have zero open tickets in my support system without a reply.
I am busy with some of my other companies but will try to reply when I can.

Glad i held off buying this. Would prefer a active dev answering questions and support issues (and theres quite a lot of issues strewn across this thread that the new dev doesnt want to answer on here).

But i have good news. A well known XF developer on here has confirmed in private that a new Donation Manager addon is in the works. Anyone wanting to buy this should hold off for a while.

I said prefer not to answer in the topics here. A forum topic is not a support ticket system way too hard to reply to each person at a time and stay organized. If you are having an issue please post on my support site for this plugin.

Comments/questions/feature requests are welcome here but for support issues to make it manageable use the support site.

It says i am watching the thread but I did not get any extra replies...
Watching a thread doesnt mean you will get email notifications...they are separate options. Make sure you have both checked.

Are you new to xenforo....
Capture.webp

I said prefer not to answer in the topics here
Wouldnt everyone benefit from putting their issues on here..atleast so we know how to fix if we encounter same issues?

Watching a thread doesnt mean you will get email notifications...they are separate options. Make sure you have both checked.
Is that in thread? I already have that checked in the preferences option in my profile here. Now I got your last two replies each time after i replied But I would say the 10 previous replies where I did not reply I never got anything on it....

Wouldnt everyone benefit from putting their issues on here..atleast so we know how to fix if we encounter same issues?
If is the same issue and requires a patch I would just post an update and that would be a new release and you would notified in the thread here.

Hi vbgamer45
Not sure but Im going to take a shot at this!! I went to your site weeks ago and have not heard anything from anyone?? Besides I tryed your support system and when I tryed to log back in to your support system and it said I did not have an account?? Also I found what I think was your email and still no reply?? Maybe this is the place to have open conversations and besides if it really is personal they can start a personal conversation on this site or just maybe you need to be more attentive to the user that paid $50.00 for an add-on??

Just a Though!
Vinny

Top Bottom