Donation Add-on

I'm using the built in "user upgrades" feature for this. It gives them a special banner, and they can purchase from several options that relate to how long the FORUM SPONSOR (user group w/banner) will be applied. It ties in with Paypal and Stripe support built in, to take payments.

It auto adds and removes their special usergroup and any special permissions that were assigned to the usergroup.

Last edited:
I personally would use none of those. The top two I would not feel comfortable with due to quality concerns. And DBT Donate lacks the functionality I would find useful. See: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/dbtech-dragonbyte-donate-paid.119618/page-10#post-1250802
I'm using this below one, but it needs more functionality for donations:

Disagree. TH Donations work great, and has been stable for me. It does most of what you need and expect in a donation addon, IMO.

Also, it is significantly cheaper with Themehouse. The AddonFlare addons are much more expensive.
Themehouse Donations - 25 USD upfront and 15 USD renewal 12 months, so 40 USD for first year and 15 USD after that each year.
So after 3 years it would have cost you 70 USD.

Addonflare Paid Reg. - 70 USD for each year... So for 3 years it would either be 210 USD or you would probably feel inclined to go for the lifetime for 100 USD minimum, right away if you wanted this addon anyway. And then you'd have 100 USD vs 25 USD as up-front costs. Quite the investment difference. (and paid reg. isn't even a full donation addon).

So I did check it out, but with that pricing, no thanks.

To each their own. I already made my money back tenfold because the interface leads to more account upgrades. With a discounted lifetime license I don't have any yearly fees. IIRC I paid $75 for lifetime. Normal price $99. I dont think you checked the prices well. There are regular special offers. The code is solid. I'm happy with it. Development speed of new features could be better. Its good that you are happy with TH donations. Its not something I will ever use. Regardless of alternatives.

Top Bottom