XF 1.4 Domain name switch.

WCFA

I want to rename the domain on my Xenforo, here what I am looking or hoping to do.
I have a reseller account where I host so cant really remove the main domain which is used for Xenforo as all my accounts use that name server. The new domain I want to use is already using the name servers just currently not pointing to the main one its actually in limbo with a SMF forum build.
I am trying to think how to make the site appear to be a different domain name but in reality only the name changed, not location I need the site to be shown on search engines as the new domain name but in name only .

I am also pretty sure I need to update my account at XF to show the new name but unsure since it wont really change just appears to have.

I'm not sure I understand the contention with your domain names. But there is no reason you can't have both domains parked on the same site.

I'm not sure what you mean by "new domain name but in name only."

Hi Jake,
Sorry I think I over thought the question.
I think if I just mask the domain that will work.

What I have is a domain that was an .ORG is a different name then the other I am planning that is a .com
I was trying to think if there was a way in Xenforo to mask the domain and thats what I should have said.
I realize I can mask at my DNS , but the site would still appear when surfing etc to still be the .org so was wondering
if there was a way for it to show the .com name as the prominent without moving it to the .com ?

Again sorry for not being more clear on what I was asking.

All links in XenForo are relative. The software detects the URL that is being used to access the forum and uses that base URL for all links.

The main exception is emails which use this configurable option to build a full URL:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Basic Board Information -> Board URL

Top Bottom