• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Domain name help

Robert F Schmitz

I am trying to put together a forum for museum support staff such as curators, archivists etc. I want a catchy name, something easy to remember and not too difficult to type in.

curatornews is taken as well as a few others. curatordaily, and curatorcentral are available but do they sound a bit hokey? I like them I guess but am concerned that they may come off as not professional enough. Any ideas and suggestions are welcomed.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
By using curator in the domain name, won't you potentially miss out on people using other search terms, e.g. archivists, and possibly alienate them?

Ideally you want a domain name which encompasses everyone, such as museumstaff, but better obviously :D

Robert F Schmitz

By using curator in the domain name, won't you potentially miss out on people using other search terms, e.g. archivists?

Ideally you want a domain which encompasses everyone, like museumstaff, but better obviously :D
True but many of these are already taken. They aren't used, just reserved lol.

Robert F Schmitz

There is a publication, just a plain text email that comes out monthly where people's questions and issues are addressed. I haven't found a single site where people that work behind the scenes can go and share ideas. The name should reflect that as best as possible.

I really like these suggestions, maybe it is me but I fear that some would be taken less seriously than others. What do you think? The target audience is a rather focused bunch, discussing chemical usage for cleaning, how to get patrons to visit exhibits etc.

keepersofhistory is sweet :)