Does XF support the posting of reported items into a specified moderators forum?

CTXMedia

Like in vB3 - when an item is reported, it is posted into a nominated moderators forum so all mods can see it?

If native support for this isn't a feature of XF is there an add-on available?

My moderators have still not got used to the report centre in IPB and I wondered if we could get the old vB3 moderator discussion forum back up and running by having reported fed into it?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

isnt that more or less what the reported items queue is?

Well, no, not really. With the report centre it's separate from the forums and mods/admins have to take ownership of specific items.

The ability to reference old reports is, well, (currently) primative and protracted.

When the report is posted as a forum thread you can all muck-in and deal with it without anyone having to take ownership, the details are all included in the search results, and it's a lot easier to refer back to protracted issues/troublesome members.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Shaun I agree, this is exactly how we do it on my vB forum, it's easy to keep track of when it is forum based.

I never did like the report system in IPB3.2 when I tried it.

However we have tried the report system in XenForo and it is better than IPB. The notes system means it is just like a forum post for each report and I like the way you can tag it as being dealt with to prevent duplicate work. You can always still keep a staff forum for discussions. I do agree though, having reports automatically pushed as a forum post is my preferred solution for exactly the reasons you state - being able to keep an easy to search record of old issues.

Like in vB3 - when an item is reported, it is posted into a nominated moderators forum so all mods can see it?

If native support for this isn't a feature of XF is there an add-on available?
Not at this time, no. *somewhere* I read that member management improvements are coming at some point.

To be honest, the vb method was not perfect. Hopefully xf will be even better.

In the meantime I've been creating threads in the moderators forum for those 'special' people with their username in the thread title, with links to the content that was reported.

Seems like you are quickly focusing in on certain things Shaun :D

Seems like you are quickly focusing in on certain things Shaun :D

He he ... I'm only just getting started ... :ROFLMAO:

I figure if I've got a question I might as well go ahead and ask as the answer may well be useful for others.

Besides I need something to do while I do a test import of my CC forums ... :wink:

Top Bottom