Does xenforo keep an eye on the add on sellers?

bobs409

I know xenforo probably doesn't like to get involved in the add on's or any responsibility of them but I was wondering if anyone is verifying these add on sellers to be legit?

I purchased an add on yesterday and it's not working as it should. It had NO instructions and I can't get a reply from the maker for any help. I sent him an email from his site, posted here in the discussion with the add on and even sent a conversation. Perhaps it's the holidays for the no reply but when I check his stats on this site, the last time he posted anything was August 24th! Nothing even shows up when I click latest activity.

The add on would be very useful for my forum if I could get help with it. If not, I'll have to force a refund thru paypal...

Thanks,

Bob

Short answer is "no".
The long answer is there is an automated housekeeping function which will remove paid add-ons if the author hasn't visited the site for a while, and mark free add-ons as unmaintained.

If I buy a bolt on aftermarket power steering cooler for a VX commodore (something that car was never built with) I can't complain to GM when it leaks.

If I buy a bolt on aftermarket power steering cooler for a VX commodore (something that car was never built with) I can't complain to GM when it leaks.

That's retarded. I'm sure when you buy something and it doesn't work as it is SUPPOSED TO, you just smile and move on letting the person take your money and don't even want a refund? I bet.

BTW, these add ons ARE built to work with xenforo and not LEAK! Or did I miss the part where it says "may or may not work on xenforo forums?" Maybe next time you can think before you post?

Perhaps you could take your own advice? The point is GM doesn't vet the power steering cooler. If it breaks or doesn't work you bug the seller, not the maker of the system you are trying to bolt it on to.

Perhaps you could take your own advice? The point is GM doesn't vet the power steering cooler. If it breaks or doesn't work you bug the seller, not the maker of the system you are trying to bolt it on to.

My advice should be taken by you too then. In this imaginary theory, let me point out that GM didn't have the seller of the power steering cooler selling his goods on their site. If they did, they should be able to handle a question or complaint when there is a problem about it. Or would they start to make the customer look bad as you are trying to do? I guess it's my fault for it not working as promised? Or maybe you think I shouldn't say anything at all and just let more people buy it and go through all of this?

What you have to say is not helping the situation, it's just an obvious attempt to irk me. If you don't have something worth while to offer, maybe just move on to a post that you can help in?

I think there is a possibility that some people may assume because the addons are offered (for sale or free) on the Xenforo site, that there is some kind of implied approval by xenforo. I had always thought there was quite a clear disclaimer that xenforo can not be held responsible for the reliability or support of third party addons. Maybe there is but I'm not sure where exactly.

Of course if something is a free addon, you can expect to get what you pay for.

There's actually a whole big thread discussing the possibility of approved developers/addons

I think there is a possibility that some people may assume because the addons are offered (for sale or free) on the Xenforo site, that there is some kind of implied approval by xenforo. I had always thought there was quite a clear disclaimer that xenforo can not be held responsible for the reliability or support of third party addons. Maybe there is but I'm not sure where exactly.

Of course if something is a free addon, you can expect to get what you pay for.

It was not free. And I certainly DO expect to get what I paid for.

If you go back to my question that you are replying to, I'm asking about the very same thing you mentioned. I simply wanted to know if they check on those sellers that are on this site. Things like, is he a crook? is the seller even alive yet? (when he does not reply or post anything since AUGUST!) WHY AM I THE BAD GUY in all of this??? You guys are making xenforo look bad at least in my eyes. The staff answer professionally the way it should be.

This forum was a place to ask for help was it not?

I had always thought there was quite a clear disclaimer that xenforo can not be held responsible for the reliability or support of third party addons. Maybe there is but I'm not sure where exactly.

There is a notice on the addon(s) overview page,
"Resources listed here are not affiliated with and have not been reviewed by XenForo Ltd. If you have any questions regarding a resource, please contact the author. XenForo Ltd. is not involved in any resource-related transactions. "

If you go back to my question that you are replying to, I'm asking about the very same thing you mentioned.

I was not replying to your question specifically, just adding to the discussion. If you read my post you will see I was talking about both paid for and free.

I was not replying to your question specifically, just adding to the discussion. If you read my post you will see I was talking about both paid for and free.

Sorry about that. I've had to defend myself a lot lately here, took your post wrong.

Top Bottom