• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.3 Does XenForo have a daily digest feature for subscribed threads?

Joe Link

Some of my members have asked if XenForo has a daily digest feature like vBulletin, which sent them one email a day containing updates to their watched threads.

If not, is there an add-on for this?

thedude

This has been suggested a number of times. I believe there's an add-on which achieves something similar (search for "daily digest"), but many of us are hoping they actually add this into the core product.

Not resurrect this thread, but my members have been clamoring for this feature for a while. :censored:

I find the resource solution to be quite clunky and problematic to be viable on my large installation.

Any potential that something like this could be a core feature in a future release?

Donny

I'm getting asked about this again. The daily digest add-on seems to send a daily email about all thread. My members want the VB-style daily digest of only their subscribed threads. Is there anything for that?

Donny

No that sends out all threads to all members and the forum is quite large. So I was looking for just subscribed threads. Doesn't seem to have ever been an option and doesn't appear to be coming anytime soon.

Thanks though matey. :)

Xon

I'm getting asked about this again. The daily digest add-on seems to send a daily email about all thread. My members want the VB-style daily digest of only their subscribed threads. Is there anything for that?
Yes. I own the add-on Watched Threads Digest which does some of the requested functionality, but doesn't disable the instant email notices. Making it daily is just a matter of changing the XF cron job it uses.