Does this sound like a good deal?

Code Monkey

I know it looks nice to me and I will probably jump on it I was just wondering what others thought.

Intel Xeon x3450 2.66 GHz
16GB DDR3 ECC RAM
2x 500 GB HDD
10 TB Bandwidth
1Gbit Port
/28 IP Block (13 usable IPs)

$70/month, $0 set up fee.

I have:

Intel® Xeon® E3-1245 Quad-Core
inkl. Hyper-Threading-Technologie
  • RAM 16 GB DDR3 RAM ECC
  • HDD 2 x 3 TB SATA 6 Gb/s HDD
    7200 rpm (Software-RAID 1)
    Enterprise-Klasse
  • 1 GBit OnBoard
    mit 100 MBit-Anbindung
  • Backup Space 100 GB
  • TrafficUnlimited*

It runs very fast. I run Debian. I host my XF and some WordPress and a Piwik.

http://www.hetzner.de/hosting/produkte_rootserver/ex6

I know it looks nice to me and I will probably jump on it I was just wondering what others thought.

Intel Xeon x3450 2.66 GHz
16GB DDR3 ECC RAM
2x 500 GB HDD
10 TB Bandwidth
1Gbit Port
/28 IP Block (13 usable IPs)

$70/month, $0 set up fee.

If you don't mind spending a little more ($119) you can get

Self-Managed Dedicated Servers - Unmanaged - Intel Xeon E3-1240v2 Quad Core w/ HT
2 1TB SATA Hard Drive
32GB DDR3 RAM
5 IPv4 Addresses
10TB Bandwidth - Gigabit Port
Software RAID 1
Unmanaged

I found that at Hudson Valley Host (you will need to modify from the defaults), and from what I have read they are a decent hosting provider. If I wasn't already getting an L5520 from ServerComplete (with similar specs) for $75 I would probably go with them.

That looks pretty good but I can't spend that much. Frankly I'm ok on my current VPS but I am thinking of the future and putting several sites on it. Then I'll probably give my VPS to my kids for a minecraft server. I'm not giving that VPS up for $55 a year.

That looks pretty good but I can't spend that much. Frankly I'm ok on my current VPS but I am thinking of the future and putting several sites on it. Then I'll probably give my VPS to my kids for a minecraft server. I'm not giving that VPS up for $55 a year.

You should have been looking earlier. From ServerComplete you could have gotten an L5520 with 24GB and 2 1TB drives for $65 (for life) and then for another $10 30TB on a 1 GigaBit port. ;)
I grabbed two of them (one with 2 1 TB drives, the other with 2 128GB 840 Pro SSD's) for less than what a lot of people are paying for just one newer E3/E5 series server (granted they get a faster processor with better energy consumption - but honestly for most a 2.66Ghz will work and THEY pay for the power consumption!). I was about to grab a third one - but they sold out. :cry:

I'm thinking about moving my VPS to a minecraft server - but don't know anything about it. Is it a popular game (I'm an Xbox 360 freak myself)?

That's about right for me. A day late and a dollar short. lol

I wasn't looking for a server until I noticed the deal offer in a techs signature when emailing back and forth with my host about a kernel upgrade. So asked and that's where I am at.

There are automated scripts to install a minecraft server. It's big with the kids. To me it just looks old but they call it retro. lol I think there is a virtualmin add-on for it so I will just click the button and there it will be. I told them they and their friends will have to buy a domain and pay for xenforo if they want forums. :D

Also only the pc version supports external servers.

Well I asked and they will give me a 10% discount for paying for a year in advance. So it's now $63 a month. Good deal I think.

I have:

Intel® Xeon® E3-1245 Quad-Core
inkl. Hyper-Threading-Technologie
  • RAM 16 GB DDR3 RAM ECC
  • HDD 2 x 3 TB SATA 6 Gb/s HDD
    7200 rpm (Software-RAID 1)
    Enterprise-Klasse
  • 1 GBit OnBoard
    mit 100 MBit-Anbindung
  • Backup Space 100 GB
  • TrafficUnlimited*
It runs very fast. I run Debian. I host my XF and some WordPress and a Piwik.

http://www.hetzner.de/hosting/produkte_rootserver/ex6

hetzner connection sucks, just saying.
I get like 300+ms at random times to them.
And once they replaced a dieing hdd of my server with a other dead hdd.
My server was down for like a week for that.

Top Bottom