Does the XF support board really need the recent status sidebar?

Jake B.

It seems to be like 80% drama that nobody cares about, and people announcing every time they get a new client, and people who do not own licenses trying to get support.

Any particular reason? Only purpose it currently serves is bugging @Daniel Hood for support.
Don't forget bugging @Brogan, @Mike, and @Chris D for support too... I have no idea how @Kier doesn't get it. Compared to those 3 I actually get a lot less.

Seriously though, it's literally the only place I ever see anything hockey related, thanks @xenBoost Mike.

We also get to see all kinds of ads for random products/services.

And don't forget all the health/random-life updates (@Liam W, @Maru [sometimes]). And the super-random-deep-thoughts from @EQnoble.

It gets used weird here, that's for sure, but it does spotlight a, in my opinion, good social feature of XenForo's software which is kind of what the support site is for (one could argue the demo is for that though).

P.S. I may have carried this on just to tag more people, you're welcome guys.

It seems to be like 80% drama that nobody cares about, and people announcing every time they get a new client, and people who do not own licenses trying to get support.
No way !
It's 90%+ drama. :)

Xenforo.com doesnt need it. Nor does it need a gallery.

I really don't like the Profile Posting at all. It should be easy to entirely remove the feature from every location of Xenforo. But so far it isn't.

And don't forget all the health/random-life updates (@Liam W, @Maru [sometimes]). And the super-random-deep-thoughts from @EQnoble.

I'm not sure if this is telling me off, or just mentioning something... Either way, I don't like the way it sounds.

But that's just me, with my random life updates I guess.

Also, people update their status. They're entitled too - the fact that it appears in the sidebar may be annoying, and it may fill up with those from a single user, but that's just the issue with it generally.

Just to be completely obvious, I don't really care whether it stays or goes.

Last edited:
Sidebar_profile_post_list is a default template (such as other things in play here) therefor needing isn't the question, it's about showing potential customers how it can be used by showcasing it's operation within an actual working community.

All other arguments about it's validity on these forums are drama by definition.

Well, all it's doing is showing potential customers how dramatic certain members of the community are.
Drama, Engagement, Advertising, Frustrations, Entertaining quotes, Acknowledgments, Regard, Semblance, these are all things that are part of real life and as long as it falls within the rules that is just the way it is and since that block represents personal posts from a members profile there really is nothing to be done and creating a thread that shifts to focusing on any specific person or groups of people exercising their privileges is potentially dramatic itself if you think about it for a sec.

Some find it useful some don't...in the end the simple solution is ( suggest support for ) wrap things in a conditional based on an option hooked into a checkbox in the ACP.

Last edited:
Drama, Engagement, Advertising, Frustrations, Entertaining quotes, Acknowledgments, Regard, Semblance, these are all things that are part of real life and as long as it falls within the rules that is just the way it is and since that block represents personal posts from a members profile there really is nothing to be done and creating a thread that shifts to focusing on any specific person or groups of people exercising their privileges is potentially dramatic itself if you think about it for a sec.

TLDR Summery = Jake loves attention and stirring up drama. It's ok though, he's still young :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom