XF 2.1 Does resource manager fit or do I need another addon?

AndreaMarucci

I have this need on my forum.

I have a lot of pdf with technical documentation for the user to download and I'd like to make them available via the forum. Basically the download will be restricted to a specific user group and for each pdf I'd need only a title and the download.

Does Resource Manager fit this or there's maybe another addon to do that? Probably RM is a bit exaggerated but I've not found a viable alternative browsing the addons here.

Thanks!

I have this need on my forum.

I have a lot of pdf with technical documentation for the user to download and I'd like to make them available via the forum. Basically the download will be restricted to a specific user group and for each pdf I'd need only a title and the download.

Does Resource Manager fit this or there's maybe another addon to do that? Probably RM is a bit exaggerated but I've not found a viable alternative browsing the addons here.

Thanks!
It does fit your requirement but the UI aspect needs to be taken care of.

I have had such implementation in the past and if the PDF doc is not accompanied with proper (at least about 400-1000 words) description then it looks bad and ghostly. You can imagine the RM item page with just 1-2 lines of content.

RM resource items page is where you challenges will be in terms of UI... looks much better with some contents.. But then, if your users care only about the PDF and not UI then... its perfect.

Thanks for the suggestion. Probably the pdf won't have any description but just the title. I'm also using UI.X2 from @ThemeHouse so maybe I can ask them to help me with the UI aspects. True is that the problem arises only in the item page and not in the item list so I can deal with it...

Thanks for the suggestion. Probably the pdf won't have any description but just the title. I'm also using UI.X2 from @ThemeHouse so maybe I can ask them to help me with the UI aspects. True is that the problem arises only in the item page and not in the item list so I can deal with it...
yes.. Item list is beautiful... will be even more beautiful if you mod them using some of the addons and tricks available here.

The item page will be horrible though not having much descriptions. Good luck

If someone can mod the RM item list page to insert the download button next to title (align-right)... that will be the best.

If there's no other information about the item.. no need to go inside Item page... let users download from Item List page directly

Top Bottom