Does looking like you are based in The Shard boost SEO?

Jon W

Just clicked on @*******'s location "******* LLC" and it goes to the Google Maps page for The Shard. Lol.
upload_2015-1-8_9-57-15.webp

Is this just a coincidence or is this a well known SEO trick?

I am not sure what you mean, but I have never heard of any such SEO trick. I am missing the point of your post. Could you please explain?
I am getting a location in Dublin btw.

I'm confused too.

I've just put my company name in my location and clicking it finds my Google Places location in Maidenhead UK on the map. For some reason, it seems like @******* have put in various locations in capital cities around the world (into Google Places). I assumed SEO, but thought @******* or someone else might be able to enlighten us.

Perhaps "******* LLC" just sounds very similar to a real company though and Google is trying to be clever. I can't actually find any registered company informaton or address for *******, but I'm pretty sure they're not based in The Shard in London or in Dublin.

Interesting. I just changed my location to 'earth' and it changes my location to a company named people 4 earth. I think Google is confused.

There is a business in the US with a name similar to my business which is in India. If you search for my business in the US, you'd probably be redirected to the wrong address. May be that's what is happening in this case. I don't know for sure.

Interesting. I just changed my location to 'earth' and it changes my location to a company named people 4 earth. I think Google is confused.
When I click on your location I am given a map of my surrounding area and all companies with Earth in their name. When I click *******'s location, I get a very specific map location of The Shard and details about The Shard.

I am not sure what you mean, but I have never heard of any such SEO trick. I am missing the point of your post. Could you please explain?
I am getting a location in Dublin btw.

I'm confused too.

I've just put my company name in my location and clicking it finds my Google Places location in Maidenhead UK on the map. For some reason, it seems like @******* have put in various locations in capital cities around the world (into Google Places). I assumed SEO, but thought @******* or someone else might be able to enlighten us.

Perhaps "******* LLC" just sounds very similar to a real company though and Google is trying to be clever. I can't actually find any registered company informaton or address for *******, but I'm pretty sure they're not based in The Shard in London or in Dublin.

I get a random college in my city. One that isn't even near me.

Top Bottom