Does exist a limit on the attach files? Are they encrypt?

Claudio

I would like to know if attach files have a limit, for example, can I upload a video of 3gb?

Also, the uploaded file, its visible as a file on the server or its encrypted?
In case of vbulletin, uploaded files have an special extension that avoid to see the file unless you download it from the post/thread it was uploaded

I would like to know if attach files have a limit, for example, can I upload a video of 3gb?

Also, the uploaded file, its visible as a file on the server or its encrypted?
In case of vbulletin, uploaded files have an special extension that avoid to see the file unless you download it from the post/thread it was uploaded

The default is 1Mb, but you setup the limit, you can go as high as you want

My experience is, you absolutely cannot upload a video of 3Gb, you need a more robust solution for that. Hell, I would be wary about 100Mb. At that point XenForo is not the issue, but a lot of some other things including your webserver, memory, thread management, disk space, IO and a bunch other.

The files are unencrypted on the server, but they cannot be seen through the web, similar to vBulletin. Anyone with ftp or ssh access would be able to see them. Thumbnails can be made public from the web.

The default is 1Mb, but you setup the limit, you can go as high as you want

My experience is, you absolutely cannot upload a video of 3Gb, you need a more robust solution for that. Hell, I would be wary about 100Mb. At that point XenForo is not the issue, but a lot of some other things including your webserver, memory, thread management, disk space, IO and a bunch other.

The files are unencrypted on the server, but they cannot be seen through the web, similar to vBulletin. Anyone with ftp or ssh access would be able to see them. Thumbnails can be made public from the web.
You would have to also make some changes to PHP, max upload file and max post size before being able to upload a 3gb file. Also, bear in mind that you will consume a single PHP worker process for the duration of the upload. As you also said if the upload was interrupted you would have to start from scratch.

Personally, a 3gb file? FTP/SFTP it direct to the server and provide a dedicated link which bypassed PHP and allowed the webserver to handle the download.

Personally, a 3gb file? FTP/SFTP it direct to the server and provide a dedicated link which bypassed PHP and allowed the webserver to handle the download.

mmm I understand
I have the idea to share a big pack of "the best" applications (to save in a dvd), but no cracked. Some apps have licences that deny the distribution of them and I was looking for a way to enable the access to the pack only for members but deny it also from ftp

Top Bottom