Does Elastic Search find synonyms and paraphrasing like Google?

Alpha1

If synonyms or paraphrasing is used then it is extremely hard to find something with a normal search engine. Google has resolved this by taking such into account. If you search for "bulletin board software compatible with newest PHP version" you will also get results about "message board software compatible with latest webserver software". A normal forum search engine will not find such synonyms or paraphrasing. For a community this is a major issue because a mass of members will use a lot of synonyms and paraphrasing and often content therefore will not be in search results.

Does Enhanced Search offer any solution to this problem?
If so do we need any special edition or settings?

I see. There is no way that a webmaster can create a full list of all possible synonyms that millions of users may use or search for. Is there a premade list somewhere?

I see. There is no way that a webmaster can create a full list of all possible synonyms that millions of users may use or search for. Is there a premade list somewhere?

Does Xenforo record search terms ? (ie. record what is actually being searched for ?)(ie. in a table somewhere)

When adding synonyms you definitely want to start with the most commonly searched terms.

Reactions: rdn
The file should be located relative to the config file. Normally that would be /etc/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.yml, eg /etc/elasticsearch/analysis/synonym.txt

I dont see why it wouldn't work with Enhanced Search as the change is all on the elasticsearch side

Top Bottom