Does anyone of you read his blog on Forum Management?

Very useful information if you are building a forum from scratch with no experience. I have read it many times.

This page is very important.

http://www.feverbee.com/2009/04/doomyourcommunity.html

I like this article too! I think the most important lesson I've learned from him is don't make many categories immediately if your just starting up. I see many forums which have lots of categories but zero message or post in it. That's one of the things that make the visitors turned-off in your forum.

One of my favorite insights from him is that forums are driven by status and bonding. Perhaps it's a basic idea, but he articulated it clearly, and that sometimes helps guide decisions.

Yea, I've been reading his blog for a few years. Met him for lunch once when he was on business in the Boston area. Smart guy. Even though his target market isn't exactly us (he talks mostly about community managers in the corporate environment), it's worth following him.

One of my favorite insights from him is that forums are driven by status and bonding. Perhaps it's a basic idea, but he articulated it clearly, and that sometimes helps guide decisions.
The best point IMO made is this:
You cannot create a community if you have never been a part of one. Being part of a community first is a must. How else are you going to know how it works? I am always amazed at people opening new forums that have never really been a part of a community first.

Top Bottom