XF 1.5 Does anyone import youtube channel feeds? If so, how do you embed the video in the {content} area?

RobinHood

I've tried using the default template, and there is not 'content' as such. So only a link gets posted to the original youtube video.

Is there anyway to parse the video embed code so it can be embedded in the RSS new thread post?

Anyone know if there a way I can use regex in the registered feed message template to parse the youtube url to a media embed?

Using {link} does post the video link, but it doesn't get parsed into a media embed like a normal post submission. So I need to put all these feeds on moderation, manually edit it, and then approve each post before letting it go live so users don't leave the site. A bit tedious if there's lots of feeds setup and it means the videos don't go live a quick as they should.

If it's not going to parse the link upon the creation of the thread, it's it possible to use regex somehow to convert the link straight into bbcode?

I've
Anyone know if there a way I can use regex in the registered feed message template to parse the youtube url to a media embed?

Using {link} does post the video link, but it doesn't get parsed into a media embed like a normal post submission. So I need to put all these feeds on moderation, manually edit it, and then approve each post before letting it go live so users don't leave the site. A bit tedious if there's lots of feeds setup and it means the videos don't go live a quick as they should.

If it's not going to parse the link upon the creation of the thread, it's it possible to use regex somehow to convert the link straight into bbcode?

I've actually done this as part of some of my one signal stuff. I'll dig it out and send it over.

I sort of created my own page. The goal would be to subscribe to my site which pushes RSS feeds to users but brings them to me with ytube embed

Top Bottom