Do you respect....?

It's pretty much one of the rules of my board, yes, since religion and spirituality is one of our focusses. Some people make it bloody hard, though, esp. the ones who insist they are right and that allows them to shove their beliefs down my throat. Basically, it gets a lot harder to give that respect when I don't get it back.

It's pretty much one of the rules of my board, yes, since religion and spirituality is one of our focusses. Some people make it bloody hard, though, esp. the ones who insist they are right and that allows them to shove their beliefs down my throat. Basically, it gets a lot harder to give that respect when I don't get it back.
(y)

I thought I was wrong once ... but I was mistaken.
So you were ... wrong about being wrong? Too meta for my brain right now. Please come back when I have consumed more caffeine. Or maybe alcohol. 🤪

I think the thing with religious beliefs is that they don't exist in a way that can be tested the way, say, a natural phenomenon studied by science can be. They are subjective and largely untestable. So we can either play at being "right" and cause endless conflict or accept that everyone may be "right" and "wrong" in some way or degree in this realm and have some discussion and dialogue instead.

And I am fairly sure I am probably not entirely wrong on that point. :unsure:

If someone believes it’s OK to eat other people (with or without killing them humanely) should I respect that?

Hmm I’m going to have to ponder this for a while.

If someone believes it’s OK to eat other people (with or without killing them humanely) should I respect that?

Hmm I’m going to have to ponder this for a while.

That depends. Do you know someone that tastes like Chocolate Blackout Cake? :)

In think the line gets drawn when harming other people involved. After all, the victim's religion merits respect as well and I would hold that their life matters more than the beliefs of the person harming them.

And that need not go to the extreme of cannibalism. Religious beliefs built on oppression or hatred merit no respect either. If your religion tells you it is okay to do harm, maybe it's time to rethink your religion.

Top Bottom