do you know command and conquer ?

oh yer, now we are talking, been a big C&C fan since the very first release (showing my age now). All bar C&C generals which was a big bag of crap as a poor attempt of making C&C into a FPS. I have not played C&C 4 yet, but still happily play Red Alert.

oh yer, now we are talking, been a big C&C fan since the very first release (showing my age now). All bar C&C generals which was a big bag of crap as a poor attempt of making C&C into a FPS. I have not played C&C 4 yet, but still happily play Red Alert.

Do yourself a favour and avoid #4, it makes C&C Generals/Zero Hour look like one of the best in comparison. Such a shame :(

My brother always got me to play against him through networking sessions we used to have. Infact, he's supposed to be coming around this weekend to give me another thrashing at Red Alert. That said, when we start-up Unreal Tournament I'll get my own back when we play instigib (one shot kill).

Got them all, shame the older ones wont work on windows 7... :( Can only get CnC 4 to work now.

Who also owns C&C The First Decade ?

Idont have it but only because I have all the CnC games and that is a package with the old games in it... only way I would buy it is if it works on windows 7 as the old CD ones do not and maybe they will as they have been recompiled to DVD.

I have a copy of The First Decade, plus I also use the 1.03 semi-official patch. I also have Red Alert 3 (no expansion) and Tiberium Wars (and the expansion). I've been apprehensive about the 4th C&C ever since I played the Multiplayer Beta... I found it pretty hard to get used to, unfortunately.

Oh yes, used to play proffessional laddered tiberian sun and firestorm under westwood, with world rankings usually bouncing between ranks 2-8, never managed to make the final push to rank 1 before they closed the ladders.

Never played RA series seriously.

Now Generals and ZH, I played that upto rank 1 air force general, even got one of my games shown in battlecast. Still play it at LANS.

C+C3+KW was good fun once they got the balance issues sorted, got quite high ranked playing Black hand, but the ladder reset made me stop playing seriously.

C+C4 was a joke. I don't even consider it part of the c+c genre.

I would like to one day get some funding together to remake Generals + ZH and TS+FS in a modern engine without EA screwing it all up.

Top Bottom