Do you find this forum more addictive than others?

Do you find this forum more addictive than others?

• Yes

Votes: 39 76.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • About the same as others

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Not sure

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters
Considering I could post only about 10 posts this YEAR on my own forum; my 100+ posts on xenForo in the past 20 days might indicate an addiction. :oops:

I wouldn't say it addictive but rather that here is an environment where the community can and are bouncing ideas off each other, making suggestions and collaborating further in a civilised manner where point a gets to point b without it turning into a flaming match.

When you can put forth ideas, collaborate, get that feeling your listened to it's a place you want to be involved with and will go out of your way to contribute to whether that is with ideas, suggestions, resources or whatever else you can bring to the table.

I wouldn't say it addictive but rather that here is an environment where the community can and are bouncing ideas off each other, making suggestions and collaborating further in a civilised manner where point a gets to point b without it turning into a flaming match.

For the most part at least.

The software itself is much more easier to use, and makes browsing more intuitive and friendly; I already stated having tried to use vB again after a long hiatus that it feels awkward, and I miss functionality offered by XF.

For the most part at least.

The software itself is much more easier to use, and makes browsing more intuitive and friendly; I already stated having tried to use vB again after a long hiatus that it feels awkward, and I miss functionality offered by XF.

Agreed.

I too find other alternatives seem bloated, not just in features but visually in page layouts. Perhaps the easy viewing and painless navigation here is the reason (imo it is) which is a good thing, because you suddenly realise that the features you think you needed are features you didn't really need at all.

There's plenty of other factors to consider why we visit here on a regular basis but I felt the ones I touched upon (for me especially) are the ones that keep me coming back on a daily basis and enjoying the experience.

I too find other alternatives seem bloated, not just in features but visually in page layouts. Perhaps the easy viewing and painless navigation here is the reason (imo it is) which is a good thing, because you suddenly realise that the features you think you needed are features you didn't really need at all.

This is so very true! visually this site is very appealling, the cut down minimalism is very refreshing, many have tried to capture it before, but failed frankly.

I hope the xenforo designers don't fluff it up on the final straight to the finish line.

Xf ruined other forum platforms for me. I'm used to a snappy response, and when I go to [list competitors here] based forums they respond very slow to me now.

Without this turning into "other platforms" related I feel the guys at IPB are absolutely brilliant. They have stay in touch with their customers. Not just on a short term basis but for near on 10 years. That for me speaks volumes about these guys and I can personally see Kier and mike doing the same here. They continue to stay in touch and produce an excellent solution and the rewards for them will come rolling in. You gain the respect from your customers and you really have something. Like i stated, I mention IPB because Matt and charles have really set the benchmark because they've done it for so long and their home is an environment customers want to be around and become involved in.I can see the same happening here. My opinion, but i feel the best is yet to come as the product matures and the customers start getting their hands dirty and then we will see a community in action.

Hmmm I'm normally used to venting and ranting and feeling frustrated. It's all new to me being in in a place where you can post without feeling that their are repercussions upon thread creation. ;)

It's wonderful to browse, follow people, find new content, and post on .. Guaranteed addiction.

The software in itself won't make a forum addictive imho, only the people and the discussions does that.
I have found the discussion on this board being very interesting and to be able to follow the development of a new forum software is really fun.
So sure, it is quite addictive. But not more so than some other sites I like.

/SK

The software in itself won't make a forum addictive imho, only the people and the discussions does that.
I have found the discussion on this board being very interesting and to be able to follow the development of a new forum software is really fun.
So sure, it is quite addictive. But not more so than some other sites I like.

/SK
Browsing experience can increase the addictiveness; easier a forum is to use/browse, the more likely someone is going to stay around.

Top Bottom