1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I...

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by JpA, Jul 16, 2013.

1. JpA

JpA Active Member

1. Do I need a seperate computer to run Xenoforo?
    2. If i buy Xenoforo does it come with a free server?
    3. Any good youtube videos on how to install it?

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. JpA

JpA Active Member

So I would have to buy a whole nother computer (servers) to run it off of?

4. Jeremy

5. JpA

JpA Active Member

Also I tried looking it up how to install it, is WampServers or whatever a server that the website can be internet accessible?

6. JpA

JpA Active Member

And you seem to know alot about Xenoforo do you have skype that you could help me install it?

7. Jeremy

WampServer is intended for localhost servers, meaning you can access them from your internal network. You don't want to run a website accessible to the internet from your local network. You will need a host, they will install anything from a selection of different operating systems to run your site off of.

8. JpA

JpA Active Member

Thanks, you seem to know alot about Xenoforo do you have skype that you could help me install it?

9. Jeremy

I do not provide support off of the forums. There is a professional installation service that you can purchase with XenForo and the official staff will help you. You can also find several people on these forums that perform installations.

http://xenforo.com/community/forums/third-party-service-offers.42/

There is an entire forum dedicated to installation, upgrades and imports that can help you after you have a license:
    http://xenforo.com/community/forums/installation-upgrade-and-import-support.23/

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  10. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

If you run into any issues whatever they may be simply post in the forums there will always be somebody here to jump in and help you if you have any issues.

11. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

There are also several members on here who are able to provide hosting for you as well, @Mike Edge for example.

The Forum Heroes likes this.
  12. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Thanks @MattW :)

@JpA Our hosting solutions come fully managed too, which means we can install xenForo (with valid license) at no extra charge.