Do I make the jump?

Mr. McKee

I was looking to upgrade a plugin for vB and hirer a programmer to do the job when someone that bid on my project told me about xenForo.

So far I am impressed by it but I am disappointed that I cannot put a request for services posts before I buy the software. I have a website that I want to go live with and I need to buy forum software; however I need a custom vB product ported over. I would like to talk to developers on that cost.

Another thing I would like to know is if xenForo has any type of CMS or portal addon.

Thanks for your time
M

Well besides the forums below where is a good place to talk to several programmers on how much it will cost to port over my custom vB 4.x product?

Pretty much, outline what your requirements are in the add on request forum. If someone can help you (and there's several who probably can), they'll let ya know. Also, what is the mod you need created? Maybe there is already something that can do what you need, or something that can be made to do what you need.

*EDIT*

Whoops, just realized you couldn't post there.. well, outline it here then. =)

The problem is I am not an owner of xenForo , yet. So I cannot post in the forum below. I do not want to change from vB until I know every thing I want to set up is working in xenForo. I just paid for the vB license and then found xenForo. Willing to pay for xenForo but really need to know someone is serious about porting this custom plugin over.

What happened was the guy who has it on his website sold it for $500.00 to a friend of mine and it never worked right. So he gave it to me for my site; I hired a programmer to rework to get rid of all the issues and clean up the code. The programmer is just about done with it and now I find xenForo. My programmer never heard of xenForo until I asked him about it so he cannot port the product over. Right now there are two sites with two different versions of this product, one that works (mine) and one that doesn't the $500.00 scammer. Karma to him...I guess.

So besides below how can I get a life of programmers that I can talk to about porting this product over?

Top Bottom