1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Dissociate Members Lists from Who's Online?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by creativeforge, Jul 11, 2015.

1. creativeforge

creativeforge Active Member

How can I still show Who's Online in the sidebar, while NOT having the members list show? If I'm not mistaken, these two work together? If you disable the Members List, you lose the Who's Online. Am I missing something?

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

There's probably a more simple way, but do a template search for {xen:link members} and comment out or remove every instance of it in each template, except member_list and member_notable--we'll get to those in a bit. For example, navigation:

<xen:comment><li><a href="{xen:link members}">{xen:phrase notable_members}</a></li></xen:comment>
    Then comment out the entire contents of the member_list (if you have the full member list enabled) and member_notable templates. People would still be able to access the pages, but if they do, they'll just get a blank page, like so:

KHF Member List.PNG

There may be a way to unlink the Members tab, but I couldn't see anything.
    creativeforge likes this.
  3. creativeforge

Thanks! I was directed to allow the list to be seen by registered members only, so that way guests don't see it.

I'm still not sure what to do with crawling.
  4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

It might be worth making a suggestion to have two separate permissions for the Members and Current Visitors pages. :)
    creativeforge likes this.
  5. creativeforge

Could you elaborate? I'm not sure about the difference you are pointing to?

6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

That's what I was referring to.