1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DISQUS integration

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by Rho Delta, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Rho Delta

Rho Delta Well-Known Member

I see a LOT of blogs using DISQUS to let users log in and comment on their articles. It would be awesome if we could add this like log in with Facebook/Twitter since it seems a lot of people have an account...

DroidOne, Ketola, Veer and 1 other person like this.
  2. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

gfc likes this.
  3. AlexT

AlexT Well-Known Member

Should be relatively easy using Zend_Oauth_Consumer() in an add-on since they support OAuth. http://disqus.com/api/docs/auth/

4. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

I like this idea. Hopefully someone will make an addon for it.

Veer likes this.
  5. Samus4145

Samus4145 Member

Any chance someone is working on bridging xenforo and disqus? Would love to leave wordpress for webhook later this year and allow users to login to the site for comments with their xenforo login.

6. Ketola

Ketola Member

7. silence

silence Well-Known Member

I could potentially do this. Not sure if there's a market though.

king8084, Enguerran A and Mouth like this.
  8. Enguerran A

Enguerran A Well-Known Member

Tell me if you consider it in the future. I might be interested :)

9. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

10. Enguerran A

Enguerran A Well-Known Member

This addon doesn't mention SSO at all :/

11. RichardGaspa

RichardGaspa Active Member

I like this idea. Is this add-on in the marketplace at this time. If not hopefully someone will make an addon for it.

12. DroidOne

DroidOne Well-Known Member

Disqus just keeps growing and most blogs these days seems to be using it. I would be very happy to let our users sign in/connect with their Disqus account.

Not sure if it's possible or not, but I'd gladly fork out some cash to get this done.

API here: https://disqus.com/api/docs/

Onidra likes this.
  13. Onidra

Onidra Member

Would be a great idea to allow users sign in/connect with their Disqus account on Xenforo, and to comment on Disqus using a Xenforo account on the same website!

IPF and DroidOne like this.