XF 2.1 Displaying Add Ons in Alphabetic Order

marshreef

Maybe silly but I often find myself wishing the Add On display in the control panel would sort/display alphabetically.. Even better would be by author alphabetically then by add on alphabetically.

Any easy way to to do this?

They do basically display in alphabetical order, the problem is that a few of the names start with [ and that character is listed before A.

So you basically get two alphabetical lists.

Might be worth starting a suggestion to ignore the square bracket.

They do basically display in alphabetical order, the problem is that a few of the names start with [ and that character is listed before A.

So you basically get two alphabetical lists.

Might be worth starting a suggestion to ignore the square bracket.

That's what I get for posting after being up 20 hours working :-| yeah the issue is the [].

I like the [Developer] Add-on format. It groups all add-ons of one developer together. Very useful.

Will take a look.

That's what I get for posting after being up 20 hours working :-| yeah the issue is the [].

Will take a look.

The keyword is not always the first word of the add-on name. So alphabetically sorting doesn't help much.

I use CTRL-F or Filter to search what I want from a long list of add-ons. You won't want to look something up by scrolling down.

The [Developer] Add-on Name list helps me have a better view on how much add-ons I've installed from those developers. And those add-ons are sometimes related to each other.

For example I'm a proud premium member of @BassMan I got many of his add-ons installed. The [cXF] Add-on list helps me to visualize the list.

1601038442657.png

I'm also a paid member of another great developer @AndyB, but since he's not using the [Developer] Add-on format, his add-ons are placed around the list that I can hardly know what I've installed and what I might have missed.

I'm actually waiting one day, there will be something like [AndyB] Remove last post avatars 1.2 showing up on my add-on list.

Last edited:
Top Bottom