XF 2.2 Display the post's creation time

Rodagave

Greetings. I am currently attempting to modify a template field so the posts get to have the time at which they were posted. Although, I have not encountered any solution to my concern. I would highly appreciate the assistance.

The field I am attempting to modify:
HTML:
rel="nofollow"><xf:date time="{$thread.post_date}" /></a></li>

How it currently looks:
Screenshot_7.webp

How I want it to be like:
Screenshot_8.webp

Thank you in advance.

I am attempting to make this template change so that the date & time each reply to a thread was made is displayed, instead of just the date as it currently is, but I cannot for the life of me find the correct template to edit.

Please can someone advise on which template I need to modifiy

Have you tried the search tools in the Appearance->Templates->Refine search and searched based upon text?

This is what I came up with when looking for $thread.post_date

Screen Shot 2023-05-14 at 7.30.07 AM.png

Odds are it will be thread_view or thread_list_macros.
If you refine it to the search term in the first post, it's going to be thread_list_macros and looks like on line 189.
Be aware.... changing certain things can affect add-ons if they have template modifications that they base looking for a default on.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply.

I had already discovered both of those templates as a possibility.

However, neither of them achieve quite what I'm looking for.
For example, making the above edit to the thread_list_macros template only seems to add thread's creation time alongside the creation date that is shown right at the top of the thread, underneath the thread title.

What I would like to achieve is for each post / reply in a thread, instead of having just the date each reply was made displayed above each reply, I would like the date & time to be displayed.

Any suggestions? :)

Top Bottom